So, Tiffany, from Random Musings from the DownBeat tagged me for this meme.
So apparently I'm supposed to say 6 random things about myself that I've never shared with anyone before.
Here goes nothing. Slap me if I've revealed any of this fascinating stuff before.
- I love, loved, loved, loved summer camp as a kid. And I would go back in a heartbeat if I could. The clear, clean mountain lakes, the crisp mornings, swimming, canoeing and sailing, hikes, sleeping in tents (platform, on a bed), camp food, friends - I loved it all. In fact, my first job after I graduated college was working full-time for a year-round camp. Woohoo! I got PAID for it. Not much, of course, but I did get paid and I also got room and board and I was doing something I LOVED. And because of the room and board, I didn't have to move back in with my parents while I looked for a job as a social worker or admissions counselor.
- My father was a pastor and I rebelled against that (nothing radical or shocking) and didn't go to church at all in college; but working at a camp after college, I put together the non-denominational chapel services - really just devotions - and eventually went on my own to find a church in my twenties. Now, I work for 3 churches and love visiting the shut-ins, bringing communion, assisting with worship and offering up the prayers of intercession, and ESPECIALLY the children's message - a short, fun talk based on the gospel for the day. I fact, if I were a bit younger, I would consider going to seminary and becoming an ordained minister myself. Really. And I'm a huge sinner - sloth, swearing, gluttony, greed, sharp-tongued - the whole nine yards. Thank God for grace. Really.
- I could read all day long. Every day. Rain or shine. I love plane rides and airports and even doctor's waiting rooms because they give me a chance to read without guilt.
- I love garage sales, estate sales and auctions. They are a treasure trove of marvelous finds (some questionable, some priceless) and they are also recycling at it's finest and good stewardship.
- I love making new friends and catching up with old friends. My idea of a perfect weekend would be a group or couples gathering at a cabin away from it all to eat and drink and drink and eat and laugh and play games. Alternatively, my other ideal weekend would be a girls' weekend in a fun city and eating and drinking and sightseeing and drinking and eating.
- As much as I am a sociable, outgoing person; sometimes I hope the voicemail will pick up so that I don't have to actually talk to the person I'm calling. That is why I LOVE email.
1. Mandy
2. Deb
3. BJ
4. Sarah
5. Marla
6. Lea
Have fun!

5 comments:
I LOVED camp when I was a kid. I think I would love it now, too. YOu know why, though? I loved it because you can be anyone. Maybe you're not popular at school, but at camp, no one knows and you can be the queen. It's amazing to be able to explore yourself when there is no one with pre conceived expectations.
Thystle - *Egg-zactly! And it's okay to be different at camp.
guess you saw my list over at my place, but six quick things about me are:
1. animal lover
2. Chardonnay drinker
3. pratical joker
4. not such a great housekeeper
5. great cook,though
6. mom of a great kid
and I loved camp too!!! waaahhh
I want to go back....ghost stories in tin roofed cabins are the best!
I went to girl scout camp for many years and one summer in college I was a camp counselor .. I loved it!!
Thanks for the tag .... I just posted my 6!!
Thanks for the assignment. I needed some motivation. I will work on this today! Love ya lady!
Post a Comment
What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)