The reason?
I think I might be the only blogger that hasn't blogged about skimpy Halloween costumes for children. Just look around. Granted, there's a lot of fodder out there.
Another reason? Because another internet friend had Stanley Steemer come to their house today. Her appointment time? Between 9 and 11 AM. Their arrival? 9:30 AM.
My appointment time? Between 12 noon and 5 PM. No call. Still waiting for their arrival. This sucks. It's 80 degrees and bee-yoo-tee-full here.
I just called them. They're supposedly at the job before mine and will be here in about 45 minutes. The time now? 2:55 PM.
3:40. They called and said they were in my town and on their way.
4:15. Still not here.
My town is not that big.
4:35 he arrived. It's now 4:53 and he's *just bringing in the equipment. I'm not sure I want to know what he was doing in his truck for almost 20 minutes. Turns out he's not alone - there was a second guy in there.
Oh, and another reason? Said internet friend (Hi, Sally!) also said she had two cute young guys show up. Who showed up for my job? Mutt and Jeff.
I'm moving to Minnesota.
Oh, there I am.
1 week ago

6 comments:
Did I blog about sexy costumes? I don't remember. We should find UNSEXY costumes for kids and blog about those. Costumes like Snot Man! The Plegmy SuperHero! That wouldn't be sexy AT ALL and I bet every seven year old boy in the world would want it.
Well dagnabbit iof I'm not feeling a bit blue myself for not ever having the privledge of utilizing Stanley Steamer. In my neck of the woods, we crack open a spray can of woolite rug cleaner and vaccum.
Lorrie, you didn't miss anything.
I would normally opt for the woolite, but remember, my dog was almost 14. He couldn't "hold it" at the end.
I so had a cougar fantasy about the guy who came and changed my locks a couple of weeks ago. (Um. I didn't say that out loud, right?)
Hmm, I haven't blogged about skimpy costumes either.... yet, anyhow. (I'm sure my inner Crotchety McGrump will rear her ugly head sometime between now and Nov 1.............)
As for carpet cleaning, if you weren't completely satisfied with Mr. Steemer's Mutt-n-Jeff crew and their handiwork, I've got a great company - local (they're in Webster), family owned, very reasonably priced, efficient, courteous and made our sad, sad, carpet look virtually brand-new again. We're totally calling them again in the spring when we're getting the house ready to list. So, if you ever want their name/#, give me a shout!
I will not blog about skimpy costumes because my kids are not wearing them! I have one black cat and one Hannah Montana.
Post a Comment
What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)