Random stuff, in no particular order about no particular subject(s) whatever.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

...oh, and don't be fooled. I often ramble here several times a day. Really, I know I should be doing something else - but don't TELL.

Monday, October 6, 2008

Yes, Monday sucks

at least this one does.
Desmond 1994-2008
(kindly protector, gracious defender - a fitting name)


Yes, my children camped out and slept next to him last night.
This was Desmond this morning, he had such trouble standing up. His hind legs were losing muscle control and he was getting increasingly paralyzed.

We took him to the vet this evening, the whole family. We all discussed it with the vet, and all got to cuddle and hold him right 'til the end.

Rest in peace, Kindly Protector.

May all your days be filled with balls to chase,
bones to chew
and lots of long walks in the woods.

We love you!








15 comments:

Ruby said...

::wipes tears::

Your kids are awesome for camping out with him last night... I'm sure he was terribly pleased and content.

What a beautiful boy!

Bj in Dallas said...

Kristen!!!!
I'm sorry and it sucks.....anyday..
We can't love these guys anymore than we do, and I hope the kids are ok. They will know in a few days that he isn't hurting trying to get up and down, and there will be some peace to it. I promise, but its never easy- the good thing is he had a great family to be with his whole life...
hang in there
Bj

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I am so, so, so very sorry. While it is a painful journey, I try to think of it as: being thankful that I had how many ever great years with that pet in my life, and how enriched my life was because of them. {{{HUGS}}}

PearlsOfSomething said...

(((((((((((HUGS)))))))))

Heather said...

So, so sorry for your loss, Kristin.

(((((HUGS)))))

Anonymous said...

My condolances. Desmond was a person, and we all know that. I went through the same thing a couple years ago, and it's just devastating. The only thing that helped was knowing the pain is gone, and he's in a better place.

3carnations said...

I'm so sorry! That is so, so, hard. I've been through it. My son still says he misses our dog that passed away 2 and a half years ago - Before my son was even 2 years old!

Miss Thystle said...

Oh sugar, I'm so so sorry about the loss of your oldest child. That's what they are, really.

I have on good authority that all dogs go to heaven, so rest easy knowing that he'll be waiting at the door, just like always when it's your turn to go home.

kristin said...

Aww, thanks, everyone.


Emma saved some hair from his brush and slept with it and with his (dirty)leash last night.

You know, it was hard enough saying good-bye myself, but seeing my (not-particularly-a-pet-person) husband getting teary and especially watching the kids wailing and seeing their shoulders shaking with grief was just too much.

But. It's done and now the healing can begin.

I already miss the dog hair on my sweaters and the clack of his nails on the wood floor. :::sniff:::

Anonymous said...

Godspeed, Desmond.

Amy said...

I'm sorry. That's never an easy thing to do.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh! I can't imagine saying goodbye to my faithful boys. What a wonderful ending to an exciting journey.

hugs!

Mandy said...

oh no .. I am soo sorry ... more hugs your way ....

Deb said...

So sorry to hear about Desmond. I don't know what else to say. Hugs to you and the family.

Anonymous said...

Hugs!

We lost one of our cats last spring.

Post a Comment

What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Let's Give' Em Something to Talk About.....

How 'bout life?....

analytics

Observational Humor Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Look how many people have wandered in