Random stuff, in no particular order about no particular subject(s) whatever.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

...oh, and don't be fooled. I often ramble here several times a day. Really, I know I should be doing something else - but don't TELL.

Friday, October 24, 2008

Cue the theme music, hear the birds chirping,

Oh, give me a break, life is not like the movies. Or even the funny sitcoms.

DH (that's darling husband) came home last night after being gone for 11 days.

You'd think that there would be violins or a mariachi band or something playing right?

Or maybe June Cleaver presenting him with one of those delicious, home-cooked gourmet meals he's been missing for the past 11 days.

Eh, not so much.

He did get shrieks of glee from dd, and a "hey! Dad's home" from Number One Son.

From me he got an offer to do his truckload of dirty laundry and tacos. Yup tacos.

Now, mind you, he's eaten tacos before and not complained. It's a kid-friendly meal that's been requested lately. And did I mention that I had a headache and body-ache of monumental proportions yesterday?

His response? A BandM (bitch and moan) about how he's been gone for 11 days and the best I could do is tacos?

Oh, bite me.

I fed them all and went to bed. At 7:30 PM. Alone.

Welcome home.


12 comments:

Kristen said...

You're so funny!
I was blog hoppin and came across yours. The title really caught my eye. You are diffinately going on my "blogs that make me smile list".
I'll be back

Deb said...

Bite me is right! Was he away on business? If so, then he has been eating just fine. My hubby just got back recently after 12 days and went on and on about how great the restaurants were in Europe blah blah blah blah.

Good for you for going to bed alone. Then he didn't get his June Cleaver welcome home sex.

Do you think June Cleaver even put out though? Hmmm...just wondering. Ward seemed pretty happy on the show.

I like tacos.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Next time, he'll be served a booger taco. Men can be soooo dumb. DO NOT insult the person who preps your food, washes your laundry, etc.

Miss Thystle said...

He should be GLAD he got tacos.

If I had been gone for eleven days and came home to someone who was willing to do my laundry and had cooked anything at all, I would have been thrilled.

Heather said...

My hubby was out of town for a part of this week, got home around 6:30 last night, then slept in this morning and headed off to play golf. With a client, so supposedly it is "work" - hmmmmm.

I hope your head and bodyaches are better and you're ready for lunch! See you soon! :D

Amy said...

Ouch. DH got home Wednesday and aside from being cranky due to working a million hours and jetlag, he's usually fairly polite.

3carnations said...

Isn't that always the way? Nothing turns out how you think it will.

I would have been happy for tacos. :)

PearlsOfSomething said...

My husband knows how long I can hold a grudge.

He also knows to be thankful that I've kept the house standing and children alive while he is gone. Even if it's simply 9-5, lol.

And he likes tacos. ;-)

Mandy said...

my husband travels for a living and some nights he is lucky to have left over taco bell waiting on the counter ...:)

Judy M. said...

When my husband goes away for that long, he's lucky I don't hand over the kids and head to the closest bar. :)

Besides, as I posted on Facebook the other day...tacos are deceptive. They are a LOT of work if your family likes "stuff" to put on them. Chop, chop, chop...

Bj in Dallas said...

you need my Cat Food Casserole recipe.....

Paige said...

Oh hell no---how many restaurants did he pass on the way home? he could dang sure turn around and get back to one. That he did not starve to death while he was gone proves me knows how to feed himself, he could keep on doing it

Post a Comment

What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Let's Give' Em Something to Talk About.....

How 'bout life?....

analytics

Observational Humor Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Look how many people have wandered in