Random stuff, in no particular order about no particular subject(s) whatever.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

...oh, and don't be fooled. I often ramble here several times a day. Really, I know I should be doing something else - but don't TELL.

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Homecoming, Farmer's Market and more

My son is only in middle school, so I didn't think I'd be doing this; but he started modified football this year, and the team was in the Homecoming Parade on Main Street.

It's a beautiful, fairly warm day so we dropped him off at the meeting place at 8:30 AM and went to the Farmer's Market and took pics before the parade started.


I love the colors!


View from the canal bridge. The Erie Canal.
Yes, that's Number One Son on the left - more interested in catching candy than in waving.
Oops, the right side of the photo - he was on the left of the group.

Then we went shopping in the cutesy little shoppes on Main Street and look what we found!
She obviously doesn't know the talent of the artist, because when I asked if she had any more "Our Name Is Mud" stuff, she hesitated, then said, "well I don't have very much stuff anymore, but I think there's a few around somewhere". She didn't even tell me what she had or point me in the right direction. Poor salesmanship, obviously. I poked around on my own and found the cat and dog hair platters, an Irish platter, 2 "mom and dad are great" bowls, and 4 or 5 coffee mugs. Hmmf, does she not know what she has? The potential? The creative and comic genius that is Lorrie? :-) (Love ya Lorrie!)

I loved this shirt, but what's the point of buying it? Because honestly, let's be real. Would I ever let myself run out of wine? They also had out of coffee and out of beer shirts, too. And I can tell you from experience with both - that is not a pretty situation.
Enjoy the day!

Football and soccer this afternoon! Woot!

Afternoon update - more pics below! Temps in the 70's -love it!



Full stands for the football game. A sea of red.

Can you see the score? It says 35-0! At halftime, it was 42 - 0!
A beautiful day!

2 comments:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

That "Out of Wine" shirt is going to give me nightmares. LOL. Looks like a great day!

Lorrie Veasey said...

oooo love the colors: you do good photos.

That stuff is soooooo old. The Gobelette was a personal favorite, however. Thanks as always for the shout out. I heart you.

Looks like all around you had a wonderful day-which is great--you deserve it.

Post a Comment

What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Let's Give' Em Something to Talk About.....

How 'bout life?....

analytics

Observational Humor Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Look how many people have wandered in