Yes, I VOLUNTEERED to drive Number One Son to his hockey practice tonight.
At 9:15. PM. On a school night. Did I mention that once it's dark out, I like to be home in my jammies? (Well, okay, I make exceptions for NYC and for vacations and Girls' Nights Out). But really, I like to be upstairs in bed watching Bravo by 9 PM.
I volunteered because DH is packing and leaves tomorrow for a whirlwind business slash pleasure trip that will take him to 5 states in the next 12 days. The business part is for reals, but there is a 8 day golf trip to Myrtle Beach in the middle there. (So I don't feel too bad for him, you shouldn't either)
And because the hockey rink has a heated bar that serves a really good selection of reasonably priced draft beers and my all-time favorite SWEET POTATO FRIES. (Yes, that was the real reason, I admit it)
Except, guess what? Yup, the practice was at the rinky-dink kiddies sports rink. With no bar and no snack bar. Grrrr.
So, I dropped him off and went to Wegman's for milk and then a quick stop to Tim Horton's for a chai.
And then the other moms who were there were a little chatty. But I still managed to finish my chick-lit book. And then I joined the chitchat. I couldn't start out talking or it would have been rude to read. But if I establish myself as a reader first, then I can join in on the conversation when I'm feeling more sociable. You have to establish this early on or you're sunk. You know what I mean.
For Little League baseball this summer, I didn't properly establish myself as the magazine reader or purse cleaner and so I was one of the chatty moms. After that, I couldn't just separate myself and read by myself. But that all worked out because it was a great team and the other parents were really nice.
Rant over.
Now for the Rave.
When I went to the grocery store for milk I walked right by the Halloween candy display. Funny how they place that, isn't it?
Anyway, the first bag I saw caught my eye (yeah, yeah, no surprise, right?) It was a new kind of Snickers - Rocky Road - in dark chocolate!
Oh. My. God. I don't even really like candy with marshmellows in it, but this was HEAVEN.
Run. Or drive. But go out and get yourself some.
Definitely worth it.
But it still doesn't quite make up for the hockey practice being at the rinky dink kiddie rink.
Try em, tell me if you like them.
Oh, there I am.
1 week ago

6 comments:
Do you think my boss would notice if I snuck out to buy candy?
Nah, probably not.
If the bag says "Snicker" on it, you can bet I will love it. In fact, if one ingredient is caramel, I will love it. I'll look around for those.
I have safely established myself as a reading mom. :) Except during actual games, as according to some, that would be rude, lol.
In theory, I bet I'd love those.
However, for reasons unbeknownst to me, Snickers (and Reese's PB Cups) make me burp incessantly and give me wicked heartburn, too.
Yep, I know, I've just totally solidified your impression of me as the Delicate Flower of a Genteel Lady that I truly am. You're welcome.
In other news, wanna do lunch sometime, what with the hubby being away on a trip? Let me know!
Yes, you delicate flower, you. That would be fun!
Great, just what I need. Another candy addiction.
But, in the interest of bloggy friendship, I will get some. :)
Post a Comment
What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)