Random stuff, in no particular order about no particular subject(s) whatever.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

...oh, and don't be fooled. I often ramble here several times a day. Really, I know I should be doing something else - but don't TELL.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

CaN THiS MaRRiAgE bE SaVeD?


Remember that column from Redbook or Family Circle, or whatever one it was?

Well, I submit my own version
  • My husband is always COLD, I'm always HOT
  • He wants to move to Florida when we retire, I like the four seasons
  • I drink COFFEE. He does NOT. (That should sum it up, no?)
  • I like spicy food, he does NOT
  • I like pop music and classical, he likes old rock and roll - like Woodstock rock.
  • I drink, him? Notsomuch.
  • I read. All. the. time. Him? Maybe on vacation.
  • I like to sleep with the window open, he likes to sleep with it closed. (no, wait. Sorry, that's a country song)
  • He likes LOUD music, I like to hear myself think when the music is playing.
  • I like LOVE cats. He only tolerates them because of me and the kids.
  • I like walking and hiking (well, okay, not THAT much, but I'm still outdoorsy) and he doesn't.
  • He could watch sports 24/7 on TV. I only want to see a sports event in person so I can have an ice cold ballpark beer and get a tan.
  • He HATES cold weather. I don't mind it.
  • He likes MIRACLE WHIP :::shudder::: I like real mayo
Now, lest you think we're totally doomed, we like to travel together. We both love boating, we enjoy concerts, and we like .... that...... and THAT, too.

.... oh, yeah... and that.

How about you?

Are you compatible with your spouse? Does it matter?

http://www.mylivesignature.com/signatures/54487/90/0A3C0348987BD765FBF549B6D543A902.png

8 comments:

PearlsOfSomething said...

I am an INTJ. He is an ISFP (and likes Miracle Whip, which I do believe is grounds for divorce). There is no logical reason we should be together. Thank goodness love isn't logical!

That said, I will give him one more grilling today and then tear his car apart. Now, if I find the box, I'm stuck wanting to divorce him. If I don't, he'll probably want to divorce me. This was a bad idea (on my part!)

Evil Twin's Wife said...

The Evil Twin and I have the major stuff in common - although he likes Miracle Whip too (must be a guy thing). I only keep Mayo at home, though...

Deb said...

We're compatible, on some things. I think as we both get older, we tend to drive each other crazy though. But we both eat mayo!!

Mandy said...

I am still grossed out by having just read "miracle whip" !!

We do have a bunch of stuff in common ... and a bunch of stuff NOT in common .. which is good, I think ... wouldnt it be boring if we were exactly alike??

Lorrie Veasey said...

OMG- I should have married YOUR husband, if for nothin else but our shared love of the creamy tangy deliciousness that is Miracle Whip. And all you MW haters need to stop knocking it til you try it on a Waldorf Salad or even better: in deviled eggs with crushed bacon.

Mandy said...

LOL .. "MW Haters" .. I love it!! I love my mayo southern .. either Blue Plate or Duke's ... but I will admit to never really trying MW IN something .... only on sandwich's, usually at weird retreats and campouts where our only lunch choice was bologna on white bread with MW:)

Heather said...

Yay this is working again - maybe I just needed there to be other comments first; yesterday I was going to be the first one with something to think about...

Anyhoo, I'm an ENFP married to an ISTJ. I'm a bleeding heart liberal Democrat married to a fiscally conservative (but socially liberal - *that* would have been a dealbreaker) Republican. I am a Protestant, he was a lapsed Catholic (I converted him ;) ). I'm all about socializing and getting together with friends, he'd be perfectly content to spend all his free time with no one else but the kiddo and me (which is a little bit awwwwwww... but still...) He claims to enjoy camping, my idea of camping must involve running, hot water and preferably room service (or at least a kitchen instead of a campfire) - we've never actually even pretended to go camping in the 16 years we've been together. He could watch Star Wars over and over and over again and I'm all Darth Yoda wan Kenobi Skywalker who? - give me George Clooney in ANYTHING instead, please. He's organized (to the point of being anal about it) and I'm more "it's in that pile somewhere on the counter"y. He loves to plan, I love spontaneity. (Have I ever mentioned he printed up an itinerary for our *honeymoon*?) I roll socks together, he folds them. He loves spicy, I love mild. :D

So, yeah, opposites attract. Sometimes we do drive each other nuts. What we *do* have in common are our values, beliefs, sense of humor and life outlook. Also, we're willing to put up with each other's...... *quirks* . It works! :D

Le said...

apart from the cat thing I am you - dog girl - and MIC is your man - no coffee no drinkies etc etc etc .... who woulda thought ....

my first husband and I had lots in common - oh except that wee thing bout not doing strangers in public toilets ... hmmm le xoxo

Post a Comment

What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Let's Give' Em Something to Talk About.....

How 'bout life?....

analytics

Observational Humor Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Look how many people have wandered in