...to tide you over until I can post again on Sunday.
You see, I'm packing my gear to spend the weekend sleeping on a metal camp cot, with no internet access and no wine. Well, there will be wine on Sunday, but that doesn't count.
I'm an advisor for the teen church-wide retreat this weekend.
Yes, I am.
Yes, of COURSE they've done a background check on me. And yes, I did pass, thankyouverymuch. Now shut UP.
I'm multi-dimensional.
Snarky and spiritual.
Anyway, this retreat is known as Winter Weekend.
Except that it'll be 50 degrees this weekend.
I'm packing my cute new rain boots, instead of snow boots.
I just came back from lunch with the winner of the ChicBuds giveaway, Lea, and 2 of her adorable kids.
I think I should go ahead and ask Zebb's to designate one of their table as the "Blogger Table", since this is the third Friday lunch I've had there with other bloggers from my upstate NY town.
Anyway, when I get back, I will post pics of my blogger lunch.
Have fun, see you on Sunday!

6 comments:
You know, you never posted pictures from the LAST blogger-buddy lunch before today, either....
Just sayin' ......
Hope you had fun lunching! I was busily counting out a gallon bag of change one first grader brought in to the Book Fair at school this morning. Took half an hour, I kid you not. She had emptied out her piggy bank and had NO IDEA how much money she had in there so she didn't know how much she could spend.
She had $23.42 all in loose change. Just for the record. Mostly nickels and pennies, with the occasional dime or quarter. Which wasn't nearly enough for the $45 worth of books she picked out plus the 5 $4.50 posters she wanted.
Kid didn't understand the concept that $.42 of pennies does not equal $42 in bills. Harsh lesson learned there at the register for the book fair.
Anyhow, can you at least tell me you had a shake or chips? :D
ooooooo I learned how to french kiss on a church retreat. Ah, good times.
When are you having a blogger lunch in NYC?
I'm sorry- I think you have a misprint in this post--I got the "winner of the chic buds" part but did not see my name....
Lunch was fun and Kristin was not in the least bit fazed by my insane children. Somehow, they also convinced her to share her macaroni and cheese with them!
The kids keep trying to run away with my new chic buds!
Hope you have a fab time!!
Have fun!
I've made friends with some bloggers in town too, particularly now that "everyone" is blogging. Even my babysitter wants to start a blog now!
I love it, because it makes making new friends much easier. By the time I meet them in real life, I know all about them from their blogs and we get to skp over the awkward "getting to know you" part.
Post a Comment
What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)