Random stuff, in no particular order about no particular subject(s) whatever.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

...oh, and don't be fooled. I often ramble here several times a day. Really, I know I should be doing something else - but don't TELL.

Friday, March 20, 2009

SnOw. FrEaKiN' sNoW.



HaPpY FiRsT DaY oF SpRiNg!


Woohoo!

Not.

Yeah, umm...

Mother Nature?

WTH?

Yesterday Emma wore shorts.
(this was last Sunday, note the BARE arms)
Today there's snow on the ground.
I know this early Daylight Savings gig might have messed up your internal clock, but come on....

We're supposed to be breaking out the cute new Spring shoes, the light jackets, basking in the sun and new warmth.

....not muttering and breaking out the drab, dark, heavy coats and boots.

It's just. not. right.

Yesterday afternoon I saw the crocuses peeking up in my yard.

I commented to Emma that I should take a photo.

I didn't get a chance.

This morning they're hiding under a crust of snow.
I'm heading off to a retreat this afternoon with the board from the church where I work. I was looking forward to sitting on the porch of the retreat center and looking out onto the beautiful Skaneateles lake.

Instead, I think I will be huddled inside, bundled in a blanket (Snuggie anyone?) by the fireplace.


And it's FriDaY!


Do you know what that means?

Yup.

Another blogger lunch!

:-)

This time with my Real Life friend and neighbor, Karen, from the WubsNet. Check her out for all the latest GH scoops and soap news.

Have a great weekend.

Enjoy the day.

http://www.mylivesignature.com/signatures/54487/90/0A3C0348987BD765FBF549B6D543A902.png

7 comments:

Heather said...

LOL I just came in from taking pictures of my pathetic crocuses covered in snow for a post of a similar vein. Seriously, WTH Mother Nature?!

So sorry I'm going to be missing lunch on the east side. Just can't swing it with the showing this afternoon. I will be headed towards Eastview to get Kiddo re-shod after school; she insists on doing this whole "growing" thing that will now require another fitting at Stride Rite. :P

So, if you're lingering 'round the mall area sometime around, say, 4ish, I might see ya then! :)

Creative Junkie said...

*tap* *tap* ... is this thing on?

Hello?

Lunch?

Do I smell?

I need some adult conversation, people. Help me out.

kristin said...

Mykonos

Corner of 250 and 31

B there or B square

Of *course you're welcome to come!

Bj in Dallas said...

sorry, its going to be 85 here today. But I'll be in touch in July when my mascara melts just walking out the door

Amy said...

I'm cautiously optimistic that our snow is over. Of course, I'm also giving another evil eye to the sky, expecting Mother Nature to uphold her end of the deal. My tulips are up, they'll bloom in 2-3 weeks.

Miss Thystle said...

mmmm 90* and sunny...so toasty. Shorts and sandals...

Just saying.

Jane! said...

Supposed to be 70 here today but snow by Monday so I feel your pain.
I'll have to remember to make little Kleenex snuggies for the crocuses.

Post a Comment

What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Let's Give' Em Something to Talk About.....

How 'bout life?....

analytics

Observational Humor Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Look how many people have wandered in