Random stuff, in no particular order about no particular subject(s) whatever.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

...oh, and don't be fooled. I often ramble here several times a day. Really, I know I should be doing something else - but don't TELL.

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Inspired by Twitter - Favorite film quotes

So, Jen Lancaster from Jennsylvania does "film quote Fridays" (#fqfriday) on Twitter.

I don't know if she started it or I just see it from her because I follow her on Twitter.

But anyway, I got to thinking about those movie quotes that are thrown out so much when in the company of good friends that they are part of your history, part of your language.

So, I mentioned that on my Facebook status (yes, I am *that hooked to all things internet related) and got a *lot of responses.

For my amusement (and optimistically, yours too) I figured I'd throw the topic out here too.

What are your favorite - or most repeated - movie lines?

Here are a few of mine:

From "Steel Magnolias"
  • In a good shoe, I wear a size six, but a seven feels so good, I buy a size eight.
  • Well, we went skinny dipping and we did things that frightened the fish.
  • Well, you know what they say: if you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me!
  • You are too twisted for color TV!
  • I'm not crazy, I've just been a very bad mood for the last 40 years!
  • The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize.
  • I love ya more than my luggage
From "Meatballs"
  • IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER! IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER...
From "Sandlot"
  • If you'da been thinkin you wouldn't 'a thought that.
  • You're killing me Smalls!
From "Caddyshack"
  • We can do that; we don't even have to have a reason.
  • Pool and a pond... Pond be good for you.
From "The Princess Bride"
  • Oh, well, thank you very much, very nice of you. Your vote of confidence is overwhelming.
  • INCONCEIVABLE.
  • You mock my pain.
  • I'll explain and I'll use small words so that you'll be sure to understand, you warthog faced buffoon.
  • Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
From "Ghostbusters"
  • Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!
  • We came, we saw, we kicked its ass!
  • I don't have to take this abuse from you, I've got hundreds of people dying to abuse me.
  • Well, there's something you don't see every day.
  • You're short, your bellybutton sticks out too far, and you're a terrible burden on your poor mother
Your turn!

http://www.mylivesignature.com/signatures/54487/90/0A3C0348987BD765FBF549B6D543A902.png

1 comment:

Lorrie Veasey said...

My very very favorite:

FIN

(From Red Balloon, obviously)

Post a Comment

What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Let's Give' Em Something to Talk About.....

How 'bout life?....

analytics

Observational Humor Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Look how many people have wandered in