Well, nothing much.
Darling Daughter finally caught the bug today. And instead of her usual bounce-back self, continued to puke from 6:30 AM to 10:00 AM.
She was supposed to go to a Sweet and Sassy party at 11:30 this morning. :-(
At 10:45, she announced, through Darling Husband, that she "felt better" and could she go to the party?
Um, no.
Talk to me mothers.... I wasn't being overprotective, right? You wouldn't let your kid go to a party after a morning of puking, right?
I mean, I didn't want to punish her, but my thinking was my name would be MUD (sorry Lorrie) if she went to the party and either
A) puked again
or
B) other kids started puking on Sunday. Or Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday.
*We'd be blamed.
DH couldn't understand this.(!) I'm usually pretty lax, but this seemed to me to be a common courtesy.
I mean, if she had puked once, and felt immediately better, I *might've acquiesced. But not when it was repetitive.
And at around 1 PM she had a 100.4 temp.
She finally had a bit of tomato soup at 7 PM, but pretty much nothing else but water and a little juice. all. day.
So, I spent the day exploring the dusty boxes underneath my bed. Ack! I keep a lot of crap. Mostly there were boxes of photos ( I haven't done a scrap book or photo album since 2003) :-( . Anyway, I culled through a lot of tacky sweaters, ratty tees and semi-organized the photo boxes.
I made a GREAT dinner - chicken breasts with a creamy, lemony sauce and angel hair pasta. As I was browning the chicken, DH and Number One Son informed me they were on their way out to the movies. (James Bond)
Hello!? When I asked you what time the movie was, you never mentioned that you weren't staying for dinner!
So, I told DH he could have it tomorrow night and I will be taking Darling Daughter to the movies when she feels better.
Anyway, with a generous glass of chardonnay, that chicken was AMAZING. :-)
I also promised DD that I would take her to Sweet and Sassy for a raincheck hair cut and spa day. I went there to drop off the gift and take some photos of what she missed. What a cute concept! Check it out: Sweet and Sassy.
Hope you enjopyed your day.
Oh, there I am.
1 week ago

6 comments:
I am with you - totally the right call not to send her to the party, esp with the fever. She will have a great time when she does the spa day later. Heck, I wouldn't even let her go out tomorrow - no church or anything - if she was running a fever today. Crazy Overprotective Mom that I am, I keep Kiddo home until she's been fever-free for 24 hours. (Partially stems from her being a preemie and in the NICU for a while and all that, but yeah, 5.5 years later I'm still that way...)
That chicken sounds good!
Hoping she's feeling even better this evening and the fever is gone!
I used to do that. I would ALWAYS get sick on super importants date (at the time), you know, friday night roller skating... birthday parties with 20 other girls... stuff to die for.
I'm with you. I wouldn't have sent a child who had been vomiting to any party. I'm glad she's going to get to make it up.
Totally the right call. I was NOT happy the year we went to a friend's house for Thanksgiving and learned the next day that the kids had been puking the day before. Of course, I learned this via my own kid, when she started puking.
Hey, you won't get guff from me. I always love the perfect attendance awards at school and workplaces. I mean, really--you're being rewarded for probably coming to school/work sick and passing it on to me? Quarantine is the way to go.
<---kept just below 100 F kids home Thursday and Friday.
Good call. You did the right thing for sure. Especially with a holiday on the way.
Post a Comment
What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)