Random stuff, in no particular order about no particular subject(s) whatever.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

...oh, and don't be fooled. I often ramble here several times a day. Really, I know I should be doing something else - but don't TELL.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

TWOP

okay, if you've never been over to the website, Television Without Pity, go.
Now.
Go to the list of shows, click on one you like and then read the recaps. Seriously, side-splitting funny snarky (what's not to love about that?) commentary on the characters, dialog, drama, fashion - you name it.

But this post isn't really about TWOP.

Anyway, I've been watching...

(promise not to judge me?)


pinky swear?

The Real Housewives of Atlanta.

Yes, shut up. I know it's trash TV. AND IT'S NOT ON TWOP!. :::sigh:::

But seriously, don't those women have anyone to slap them and tell them to stop embarrassing themselves and their families?

The husbands seem normal. The kids seem normal.

Lisa and DeShawn seem normal. Privileged, but normal. Lisa's husband is an NFL player and DeShawn's husband is an NBA player. They live in fabulous houses, have personal chefs (yes, I am jealous), but I can't really say anything bad about them. They enjoy a nice lifestyle, but have been polite to the people around them and are trying to include Sheree, NeNe and Kim in their plans without excluding anyone. Nothing embarrassing in their TV personas at all.

But Sheree, NeNe (what the h&*% kind of name is that for a grown woman?) and Kim? Someone should throw a drink over their heads, slap them and set them straight. @@ The D-R-A-M-A.

Holy crap, it's worse than jr high.

Sheree is the least offensive of the 3, but she's full of herself and seems to be the catalyst in some of the problems between NeNe and Kim - almost like a jr high dynamic of only being able to have one BFF.

(I can't believe I'm talking about these "characters" like they go to my school or something!)

NeNe is just an idiot. A Drama Queen. I can't believe she has a normal kid and a normal husband. She needs a supportive bra for her gigantic "girls"and she needs to STOP being passive-aggressive and infantile. Holy Cow. She's total trash. I'd say white trash, but she's African American and I don't want to say ghetto trash, but really, :::shudder:::. You can dress a person up (tackily), but you can't change who they are.

Kim, well, Kim seems stuck in jr high like no one else. She's in total denial of her true age. (29? Are you KIDDING me? :::snort:::) She does Botox (NTTAWWT*), wears gobs and GOBS of heavy make-up, doesn't know how to button her shirts or maybe doesn't know what size she really is because I have never seen any shirt properly buttoned up (yes, I know I sound like a prude), calls her boyfriend "Big Poppa" (gag) and wears schoolgirl plaid mini-skirts. AND she announced on national TV that she NEVER wears panties, and if she does, (I know, a contradiction, right?) Big Poppa likes the big white granny panties.

How's *that for an image seared into your brain? Yeah, she's trash, too.

Kim thinks she's going to be a big country singer, but can't seem to HEAR the professionals ( a voice coach and big hip-hop producer) tell her she can't carry a tune in a bucket and smoking a pack a day is doing nothing for her voice. I mean, they've only told her a zillion times that she doesn't know music, can't sing, has to start over with training and quit smoking and she just keeps on talking blah, blah, blah, I have a crack in the foundation, but the windows are beautiful so I have some work to do.....

And she's super-pissed at NeNe, (in previous episodes, NeNe was her BFF) and instead of talking to her and telling her she overheard something that hurt her feelings; she blows off a dinner party that the nice DeShawn invited her to, and hangs up on her, then texts NeNe a bitchy, F-off text. This is from GROWN WOMEN?!

I swear, I was talking to the TV screen last night, something I really don't usually do. Honest.

Whew, I feel better now. It's always good to get things off your chest.

Thank you.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

PS - If you get sucked in, the previews show some trashspectacular fighting on the reunion show next Tuesday at 9 PM on Bravo.

Oh and it's followed by The Real Housewives of Orange County - an all new season! :-) I'm buying a fresh bottle of chardonnay and snacks. Hmmm, maybe gorgonzola on toasted baguette rounds.... I have a week to plan.

Enjoy the day.

* NTTAWWT = Not that there's anything wrong with that.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey K - I've not checked out the link yet, but I found out about this show while at the chiropractor's office the other day. These women are C-R-A-Z-Y and this show totally sucks you into it, whether you want to watch or not. it's the same thing with Flipping Out. I have found it easier to just catch the marathons on Saturdays or Sundays - if I'm going to get enveloped I might as well do it all at once, you know?? Plus, if I am ever feeling like I'm crazy or ridiculous, both of these shows make me feel totally sane(you gotta love Bravo)!

Elle said...

Ooooh girl. Did you catch the previews where NeNe (which, on the letter from the DNA place, listed some long-assed name that started with an "L" and had a "ne" and another "ne" somewhere in the middle) says something to Kim about her and married men?! OMG. If loving the trashtastic is wrong, I don't wanna be right. And can't wait for the "original" wives next week.

Blessed Bravo.

kristin said...

oh, I bet that "Big Poppa" (LMAO) is the married man. They never show him. And I heard they broke up.

(Now who's in jr high?)

Evil Twin's Wife said...

That is hilarious, but I'm sorry...I'm still not going to do it. Because if I catch even 30 seconds of it, I will be hooked. Nope... just gonna stick with "Survivor" and go on my merry way. :-)

Heather said...

I have been a TWOP fan for years now. I mourned when they stopped recapping shows that I watch and that I followed regularly on their site (ER, CSI...). Then I mourned again when some of the Old Guard left last year (Miss Alli, Sars...), esp Miss Alli because her Amazing Race recaps were a thing of perfection and joy.

I will even read recaps for shows I've never seen. That is how good the writing is over there. I *heart* TWOP!

(BTW, M. Giant of TWOP fame has a great blog - Velcrometer, it is on my blogroll. If you've never been there, be warned you'll likely lose huge chunks of time catching up on his archives.)

I have been avoiding all the Real Housewives shows because I watch entirely too much trashy TV already and do not need to get sucked into more. Heck, I just managed to quit The Real World three years ago!

Robin said...

Oh I know!!!
NeNe is like someone that never had money and got some and let it all go to her head and thinks she something that she's not. And I swear if I hear her say "I'm gonna put her back into "kluck" place" i'm gonna scream so loud you will hear me from here!!!!
And seriously, did I hear Kim say she was 29?? Yeah right and I'm 35!!!
And if she has all that money and loves to shop why oh why for the love of all that is good and holy can she not buy a shirt that fits. I love my big chest but come on!

Post a Comment

What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Let's Give' Em Something to Talk About.....

How 'bout life?....

analytics

Observational Humor Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Look how many people have wandered in