Random stuff, in no particular order about no particular subject(s) whatever.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

...oh, and don't be fooled. I often ramble here several times a day. Really, I know I should be doing something else - but don't TELL.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

A few more recipes for good measure


Quick Gooey Butter Coffee Cake

1 box yellow cake mix
4 eggs
1/2 cup butter melted
1 package cream cheese ( 8 oz. )
1 Tbs. vanilla essence
1 box powdered sugar ( 16 oz. )

Blend cake mix with 2 eggs and melted butter. Pour into a 12x8x2 inch dish.
In another bowl combine cream cheese and 2 eggs vanilla and powdered sugar (reserve 2 Tbs.) Spread cream cheese mixture carefully over batter in pan. Bake 325 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with the 2 Tbs. powdered sugar. Return to oven and bake 25 minutes longer. Do not over-bake! If over-baked, topping will not be gooey. Serve cake warm.

And I don't have a pic of this one, but I LOVE it, and it's sooo good.

Butterscotch Brownies recipe

1/4 cup melted butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon
baking powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup nut meats, broken

Butter a shallow 8-inch square pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Mix all ingredients and spread in the pan. Bake about 25 minutes. Cut into squares while warm.


PS I just looked through my posts with recipes and realized I still owe you the AWESOME spanakopita recipe from my mother-in-law. Look for that later this week. My sis-in-law asked me to bring it for Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I've made the Gooey Butter cake and it's wonderful.
The Butterscotch brownies look great. I'll have to try them soon.

PearlsOfSomething said...

You are killing me, woman. I've already put a few lbs back on, and now the holidays are coming, and you're throwing this stuff in my face?!?
Evil. Pure evil.

I love butterscotch.

Miss Thystle said...

those sound divine. I think I'll go home and bake instead of working.

Post a Comment

What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Let's Give' Em Something to Talk About.....

How 'bout life?....

analytics

Observational Humor Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Look how many people have wandered in