Random stuff, in no particular order about no particular subject(s) whatever.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

...oh, and don't be fooled. I often ramble here several times a day. Really, I know I should be doing something else - but don't TELL.

Monday, November 3, 2008

Rants and Raves

I should probably be honest and just call today's post "bitch and moan", because there's not much I will rave about today.

Rants:
  • husbands who are too "sick" to come to the dinner table 2 nights in a row, but who are well enough to drag themselves out of bed for golf.
  • children who bicker and then hurt each other. physically. when I don't feel well enough to kick their collective you-know-whats
  • husbands (can you sense a theme here?) who drag themselves off the couch to grab a bite to eat after the football game, then leave all the serving dishes out on the counter for the kitchen clean-up fairy to take care of when you are already up in bed with a back ache
  • husbands (yes, again, blame it on pms and kidney stones) who mutter and groan that they will have to go to work because of a meeting and say "yeah, I guess so" with reluctance when you ask if they are available to help with hockey pick up or drop off tonight. (despite the fact that you are going to work Even Though You Have Kidney Infection (Acute) That is Giving You a Holy Hell Back Ache)
  • missing your mother when you don't feel good even though you are 46 years old.
    because sometimes mom is the only one who understands.
  • children ( variation on a theme) who think that just because they are 13, they can say and do whatever they want.
Raves:
  • Halloween candy. Anything chocolate
  • cats who snuggle (I know I've said that before)
  • friends
  • tomorrow (November 4th in Upstate NY) could be 70 degrees.
  • that's worth repeating - 70 degrees! Yippee!
Update, more raves:


Whine over.

Sorry, I know this should be a witty, amusing list of rants and raves; and as I look back over it, it's not very witty or amusing. But, it is what it is and I'm leaving it.

7 comments:

Miss Thystle said...

holy cow! It's not too much cooler there than it is here!

Heather said...

Seriously, ask your doctor about the Noroxin. Nothing cured my acute kidney infections faster.

If there is ANYTHING you need that I am able to do to be helpful, let me know. I can be at your doorstep within half an hour, possibly bearing those Snickers Rocky Road bars and/or oodles of leftover Halloween candy, a lint roller for the post-cat-snuggling, and my Magic Kitchen Fairy Wand. ((hugs))

Kristen said...

I know the feeling.
Thank goodness for left over Halloween candy!!

Lorrie Veasey said...

I'm glad you figured out what's been keeping you down and I hope you're feeling 100% better soon and that DH makes some Grand Gesture and takes good loving care of you and ALL IS RIGHT WITH THE WORLD.

Congrats on winning you sneaky Missus you. I have your address and will ship out to you this week!

kristin said...

Lorrie - Pfft.

Guess who did the hockey drop off and pick up?

And guess who was not appreciated when she made homemade Greek chicken soup?

He wanted take out from the Greek place down the street. And he wasn't very nice about it.

Of *course he didn't go to work.

It's hell when men get a cold.

Judy M. said...

You've seen this, haven't you? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXLHWmjA5IE

Have a laugh, have some chocolate, and I really hope they've given you good drugs and that you are feeling better by now.

Mandy said...

personally, I LOVE when people bitch and moan on their blogs:)

Post a Comment

What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Let's Give' Em Something to Talk About.....

How 'bout life?....

analytics

Observational Humor Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Look how many people have wandered in