Random stuff, in no particular order about no particular subject(s) whatever.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

...oh, and don't be fooled. I often ramble here several times a day. Really, I know I should be doing something else - but don't TELL.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Friday already?


Okay, so here are a few Friday Rants and Raves:

Rants:
  • children bickering in car
  • 5 hour car rides
  • husband in bad mood during all 5 hours of car ride
  • headaches
  • CT scans
  • feeling like you have to pee REALLY BADLY and being told to hold your breath FOREVER during said CT scan
  • nurses who can't find a vein when they set up your IV
  • labs who "hemolize" your blood while doing the lab work, necessitating another blood draw and another 45 minute wait
  • tire centers who have 5 days before your appointment, but on the day of, "can't find the tires in the store" and have to reschedule for the next day. The day before Thanksgiving. The day of your CT scan.
  • children bickering in hotel room instead of doing homework.
Raves:
  • Tire guys who take your tongue-in-cheek comment about how the waiting room would be better if they served wine and had wireless internet access seriously and present you with a bottle of wine when you go back for your appointment. :-)
  • a NICE bottle of chardonnay. Really. How coool is that?
  • headphones in the car when no one can agree on the music
  • nice radiology nurses
  • Black Friday deals available on Wednesday
  • Guesstures. A pee-in-your-pants funny game when played with relatives of every generation after eating waaay too much turkey. And a little scotch. Just a little, I swear.
  • SIL did a boob flash for one of her words. Not caught on film.
  • MIL acted out stripper for her word. Caught on film.
  • I did "The Worm" on the floor. They got the word. No photographic evidence, thankyouverymuch
  • Brined turkey.
  • Post turkey naps. Someone drooled. It wasn't me. It was DD, snuggled in my arms on the couch. Someone snored. Could have been DH or FIL. Definitely not me.
  • Dessert buffets.
  • Glenlivet scotch (so not me, but sooo good)
  • Staying in a hotel room instead of on a relative's pull out sofa
  • Hotels that offer free breakfast
  • Hotels that have wireless internet.
  • Blog Give Aways!
So, I followed a blog link from Thystle's blog and found Sheree, on "Opinions of a Broad". She's seriously witty, beautifully real and honest, and she's a cool potter. She had a post about her "Swearware", some wise-ass pottery that would be like what I imagine Thystle drinking her coffee out of, and mentioned a 50% (yes 50% discount!) and said something like she'll give away a mug for free if a reader can convince her. So I rambled on and on and I won! Well, actually, I was the only one who asked, but waay cool! Lorrie and Thystle my dry spell is OVER!

I should have known, that both Thystle and Lorrie would be followers of her blog. I can see a kindred spirit amongst these women. While I am not a potter (well, my family members have a few clunky pieces I made for them when I was in my artsy phase, but that didn't last), and am certainly not as witty or as "spot-on" in my snarky life observations and not as eloquent as I write my daily ramblings and frustrations, I still think those three would be a blast to have a drink with. Okay, more than one. Maybe too much. But it would be worth it. Can't you imagine a Thelma and Louise type adventure?

Other random news from the week:
  • I made the Eggnog cheesecake squares for Turkey Day and they were a big hit!
  • I watched the Real Housewives of Atlanta reunion - what a train wreck! and the new Real Housewives of Orange County - delightful back-to-back reality trash tv.
  • I bought a turtleneck from Lane Bryant with a 15.00 coupon and found out that it was buy one get one free (not the lame buy one, get one half off which is a cheap ploy just to get you to spend more money) So, instead of a 49.00 t-neck for $34, I got TWO t-necks for $24 something. (Yeah, I don't get that math either, it's like there's an extra discount in there somewhere, but I'm not complaining)
  • I used another $20 coupon in Coldwater Creek and got another t-neck for only $9.50 - yeah, I'm all about the sales and the turtlenecks.
  • I bought a Nikon Coolpix camera. I love that it's smaller than my phone. Not the Ashton Kutcher cool one (that was $400!), but a cool plum colored one that was on sale for $129. Yay!
  • I forget the rest - that's what I get for not updating since Monday.
Enjoy Black Friday shopping! Enjoy the leftovers! Enjoy the weekend!
Thank you Sheree!

4 comments:

33 questions said...

Oh, Bite me, Kristin. Damn, that is just so much fun to say. Thanks for the press. Wicked Famous comin' up!

XO

Heather said...

I'm going to check out Sheree's site next, but first had to mention (because I can't recall if I told you or not) that I made the eggnog cheesecake bars for Hubby to take in last Monday for his work's annual Thanksgiving Dessert Bake-Off, and they won second place! WOO! (Last year, Hubby's dessert - he made something with PB and chocolate - didn't even place in the top five.)

So, thanks for the recipe! :D

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Sounds like you had a lovely Thanksgiving - glad to see you "back". :-)

Anonymous said...

Sheree's blog is a very good read & I am glad you've found her. Maybe you should start a mug collection from blogging potters!!

Hope everything went well with your cat scan, etc.

And hey: we are still on for BLOGSLURR 2009 gals.

Post a Comment

What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Let's Give' Em Something to Talk About.....

How 'bout life?....

analytics

Observational Humor Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Look how many people have wandered in