Well, I've been kind of a whiner lately. Just been "off".
Out of sorts, a slacker, tired and achy.
I attributed it to the "crud" that's been making the rounds. Or middle-age. Or eating too many dark chocolate rockin' nut road Snickers. or raking leaves. Or a combination of all of those things converging in a cosmic "screw you, take better care of yourself" kind of message.
Well, on Wednesday (which I thought was going to be an enjoyable beer and sweet potato fries interlude at the hockey rink); I started to feel achy, like I was sitting wrong and got a back ache. I felt "full" and didn't want to finish my beer (Brooklyn Brown ale!).
It hurt so bad, I was almost in tears on the drive home. I got a hot pad and some tylenol and tried to sleep.
I got up multiple times in the night with a stomach ache.
I threw up.
WTH? It was only one beer!
My back was KILLING me.
I felt like a whiner.
I went to work on Thursday. I was uncomfortable and not very productive.
Thursday night I took a Vicodin leftover from my surgery. At least I slept.
On Friday, I felt nauseous again. I cried in the shower.
I really felt like a whiner.
A friend suggested I call my doctor. Oh, no, I said, it's only a back ache.
At 3:30 PM on a Friday (Halloween! Trick or Treaters! My husband's birthday! Number One Son needs me to drive him to hockey practice! I'm too busy) I called the doctor.
My doctor had no appointments for two weeks.
That clearly was not going to work.
They got me an appointment with another doctor in the practice ( I hate that) (but I'm grateful for it) for Monday afternoon.
When I asked what I could do for the pain over the weekend, I was urged to go to the local emergency care clinic.
I went at 6 pm, after dh said he could pick up NOS from hockey.
It was a nice facility very close to home and was not busy. I was seen within 10 minutes.
I have a kidney infection (acute - I apparently don't do things half-assed) and possibly (probably) kidney stones.
Ahhh. Relief. Answers. A diagnosis.
Now, at least I don't feel like a slacker and whiner. This is real, not just middle age and being out of shape.
I don't feel better yet, except mentally. It's good to know what's going on.
6 comments:
Gees. That's crazy. I'm sure you are feeling relieved to know what's going on!!! I hope you feel better soon.
Did they give you some Noroxin? I was born with kidney/bladder problems (trying to avoid a big TMI kind of thing here, so I'll skip the details) and the last three bad kidney infections I had (fortunately several years ago now), they prescribed Noroxin and it was like the best drug EVER. I felt SO much better after just one dose. It is a wonder drug for kidney infections!
But, I have never (knock wood) had kidney stones, so I don't know if Noroxin works for them or you can take it with/for them...
Whatever they gave you, I hope you're feeling better very soon! So sorry to hear about the sick kidneys and possible stones! If there's anything I can do that would be helpful, please let me know -
((hugs))
I'm glad you have answers, but sorry it has to be such painful news. Yuck. I've never had kidney stones, but plenty of UTIs and just that is painful enough. I hope you get to feeling better soon.
Ouch. I hope you feel better fast.
ouch ouch ouch
so sorry you are feeling s-hitty...
and I thought my back hurt from vacuuming dog hair, but I won't complain (outloud) any more.
The beer didn't help?? What about shots of Tequilla? That might send those kidney stones packin!
take care.
I'm sorry you feel so horrible...hope it gets better soon :)
Post a Comment
What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)