Random stuff, in no particular order about no particular subject(s) whatever.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

...oh, and don't be fooled. I often ramble here several times a day. Really, I know I should be doing something else - but don't TELL.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Spam, spam, spam, spam

Spam. I get a lot of it.

But sometimes it's really funny.

For instance, today's spam included a handy offer for cheap breast augmentation.

As if I'd entrust the medical care of my body (the temple) to someone CHEAP.

AND who trolls for patients on the internet.

Particularly funny since I had a REDUCTION earlier this year. Har, har.

Oh, and the usual Viagra, generous Nigerian solicitors offering me their kingdom for a pittance, along with their cohorts - Nigerian widows who are looking to donate their millions to a worthy like-minded Christian organization or person, and online degrees, internet dating, and friendly lasses who invite me to come chat. hah!

Somehow I missed out on the latest Brittany one that's been circulating.

Anyway, more later, but I really need to get out of here and I've procrastinated practically the whole day away.

There was something else (nonspam related) to share, but I've forgotten already. Must be my advanced age.

Coincidentally, when I spoke with Number One Son in the Adirondacks (in between mountain climbing expeditions), he informed me he had Spam yesterday.

8 comments:

Marla said...

funny you should write about this today... i am still trying to figure out why the spam count has been so high lately... i'm thinking this could be a new news story along with pollen count and air quality...

jill jill bo bill said...

I amso glad you visited me and peed yourself!! I do it too! I am new to this bloggy stuff and you are the professional and all, doing it since 06! Impressive!
Spam is blocked for me but I am going to rid the world of it when I pick up my 2.8 million dollar check from the Nigerian bank for letting them use my bank account. That's the shit i get. Come back!!!

kristin said...

OMG - you've gotten the wrong impression! O just started blogging THIS January. It started as a MySpace thing - which I hated because of the stupid blingy stuff, plus I felt OLD.

So I started blogging over here. I have no idea why it says since 2009 - I must've signed up for something with a google account - who knows?

kristin said...

2006, duh, not 2009

Evil Twin's Wife said...

On my eviltwinswife gmail account, I get loads of singles and dating spam. I'm like, Ummmm... there's the word WIFE in my email address. I'm kind of already taken and shit. Who knows? Maybe the universe wants me to find a boy toy before I kill the Evil Twin with my sex drive. LOL.

Lorrie Veasey said...

One of my favorite time wasters--ermmmm not that YOU ever waste time on the internet Oh-post-6-times-in-one-day-friend-o-mine, is that website where they scam the Nigerians back. You'll have to google scamming back the Nigerians because that site is like crack and I had to delete the url, but basically they con the scammers back in very clever funny ways. But if you lose entire days in front of your computer please don't hate me.

Miss Thystle said...

Once, when I had my other blog, I used my spam messages to compose a poem. It was lovely, and containted the word "Penis" like 12 times.

Lorrie Veasey said...

Miss Thystle shames me with her creativity. The only thing I have ever done with spam is add a couple of pineapples and serve it for dinner. Warm. With a honey glazed sauce.

Post a Comment

What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Let's Give' Em Something to Talk About.....

How 'bout life?....

analytics

Observational Humor Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Look how many people have wandered in