Random stuff, in no particular order about no particular subject(s) whatever.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

...oh, and don't be fooled. I often ramble here several times a day. Really, I know I should be doing something else - but don't TELL.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Pain Is a Good Thing

No, not that kind of pain, I'm not That Kind of Gal.

The spicy, firey, hot, HolyCrapMyMouth'sOnFire kind of pain.



Yes, I'm a glutton for punishment. I like Indian curries, Mexican salsas, Szechuan chicken, Thai food, Vietnamese food, jalapenos, and more.
Strangely, I'm not a huge fan of spicy Buffalo chicken wings.

Last night I had empanadas from Juan and Maria's Empanada stop (how excited am I that they opened up a new take-out place near me and I don't have to wait to go to the Public Market on the weekends? Very.)

The empanadas themselves are not spicy - they're a delicious blend of beef, onions and Spanish spices. But they are sooo good when you add a dash of their special red or green homemade hot sauces. Or both. That's the way I like it.

They're even better enjoyed on a hot day with an icy cold beer. Outside on your deck. Yummm.

Number One Son likes them too, so we bought a bottle of their special sauce for our very own. Yum.

You can even order their stuff online - yay! http://www.empanadastop.com/

1 comment:

Amy said...

You must be related to my father. Hot sauce was a food group in our house.

Post a Comment

What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Let's Give' Em Something to Talk About.....

How 'bout life?....

analytics

Observational Humor Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Look how many people have wandered in