So, those of you who blog.......
Do your Real Life Friends and/or family read your blogs?
Or is it mostly Internet Friends or Far-Away Friends?
I don't know too many Real Life Friends or neighbors who blog (well there's one {Hi Karen!} but her blogging is about a specific subject).
Or maybe they blog, but I just don't know about it? :-)
Geesh, I need a life!
I know a few have "found" me here, and that's fine.
I think it's a great way to gain insight into people (or just be bored senseless) or to keep up with what's happening if you're separated by distance and circumstance.
I'm just not sure if I'd be *completely comfortable for, like, my in-laws to read all this nonsense. I mean, I haven't written anything scandalous or embarrassing or anything, but I tend to ramble.
What do you think? Who reads you? Are you a private or public blog?
Inquiring minds want to know!
Do you censor yourself?
Oh, and I love all those maps and tracking stats. I think it's fascinating to see where people come from to read here, and to try and guess who they are.
So, is it stalking or healthy curiosity?
I have to say, I'm an avid people-watcher and reader and this sort of fills the bill on both counts - and I've found some really amusing reads by following the trail - by going to the site that lead someone here, then poking around that site and clicking through to blogs *they read. And so on.
What d'ya think?
Oh, there I am.
1 week ago

7 comments:
No one I know knows that I blog, except hubby, and he couldn't care less. He thinks it's silly.
No one I know blogs, that I know of.
I like that I can say whatever I want without offending someone I know...although I sometimes offend people I DON'T know by accident.
My blog is public, so I do tend to censor what I talk about. I don't have much to say that I wouldn't say to someone's face, but plenty that I wouldn't shout in a crowded restaurant for all to hear, ya know?
I've shared my blog with very few IRL people, but I'm fine with all of my "invisible friends" being in on my flakiness. Which is pretty back assward, I suppose!
This might show up twice, I had an error message last time I tried to post.
My blog is public and I have told some friends/family about it. Some of them read it.
To be honest, I almost never check out my sitemeter stats anymore.
The irony of my blogging lies in the fact that I nearly KILLED my little sister for reading my diary when I was eleven...now I spend time trying to figure out how to get total strangers to read my musings.
My blog is about as public as a restroom in Grand Central Station. My father reads it, my In-Laws read it, My BOSS freeking reads it, the entire PTA Executive Board reads it, My CUSTOMERS read it, my former employees read it, My ex-husband reads it...O I COULD GO ON but I think you get the picture. I have to watch E V E R Y T H I N G I say.
Thank goodness I have children to write about that won't give me crap for at least ten more years. I have also found that posting while drunk sugnificantly lowers your inhibitions.
Mine is public, at least my Blogspot one is. I have a mostly carbon copy on Myspace, but now and then, I'll set it to a very limited list of people who can view it and post something there. I do censor myself sometimes. DH knows about it, so I'm not likely to vent about him. My sister reads it, so I'm not going to post about any deep dark secrets involving her. I've thought about setting up one on Wordpress, because those can be password protected as you wish, not all or nothing.
I have trackers on my blog,and I often look to see who's reading and how they found it. I'm nosey that way. :)
My blog is public, and I use our real names, and someday my mother-in-law will find it and will be *appalled*.
I both dread and can't wait for that day.
I don't check my location stats anymore, though. 200+ hits a day is too many to track for free, and I'm too cheap/lazy to pay for the extended power version. So I watch *how* people get to my blog (direct hits, searches, etc) but not from where.
Whoops. Stupid google. That's me, above.
Post a Comment
What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)