well, not really. But Friday night baseball team party.
This is the first year that any of our teams (Little League, hockey, whatever) had an end of season party at someone's house. It's also the first time that I've gotten to know any of the other team parents and the kids.
Number one son's baseball team has really nice kids - and parents too.
You know, I'm the type that usually cleans out my purse, organizes coupons, reads magazines at my kids' sports games - unless there's a good play happening and then I do cheer them on. And really, sometimes the only thing you have in common with the other parents is that you both have a kid on the team or that you share a geographical proximity - not always a recipe for friendship or anything more than polite small talk.
But this year, it's been different. The coaches are nice, the parents are nice and the team mom invited everyone over for a pool party. We all brought dishes to share and there was pizza and cake and all sorts of kid-friendly culinary delights.
Since this was a kid-party, imagine my surprise and delight when there were adult libations provided! Bonus!
Anyway, the adults had polite chitchat and shared amusing stories, the kids played in the pool and all sorts of kid-rule backyard games, and the evening passed very pleasantly. No sibling spats, no major injuries (well one younger brother did get whacked in the jaw with a plastic bat), no spilled food calamities and while the thunder boomed, the rain held off. Perfect.
What else is perfect? DH is planning the lobster dinner for Number One Son tonight and agreed to give him the "other present" tonight. :-) Remember, it's the phone? Number One Son will be over-the-top thrilled. At least I hope so.
Darling daughter has a birthday party this afternoon, which will give me time to shop for her birthday.
Enjoy the day.
Oh, there I am.
1 week ago

1 comment:
Sounds like a nice evening (yesterday) and a nice one planned for later. My kids have close bdays too. Buddy is Jan. 21 and Sissy is Feb. 2, so I do double birthday duty as well.
Post a Comment
What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)