(disclaimer: I really do love my kids and manage to often find joy and delight in the things they do. I just write about the stuff that drives me crazy)
Darling daughter missed the bus again today.
(insert loud prolonged "ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH" here)
She asked me to wake her up early today to finish some work. I first tried to wake her at 6:20. I was greeted with grunts.
I went in to her room or called to her on regular intervals. She periodically ignored me, answered me, or assured me that she was moving.
Fast forward to 7:10. I remind her that her bus arrives at 7:28. (Like it has for the past 175 days of school) I give her more reminders about her morning ritual - you know the drill - hair, teeth, lunch, etc.
I make and bag the lunch to facilitate her departure. I give her the 3 minute warning call.
She *still missed the bus. No big deal if it was only a once in a while happening. Or if she overslept. Or if she was rushed and harried.
No. She's just a procrastinator.
She already loses a day of allowance when she misses her bus. She also faces possible loss of privileges this afternoon and an earlier bedtime (you know, so she can be better rested and wake up earlier)
What can I do to light a fire under her feet?
Oh, there I am.
1 week ago

3 comments:
Ok, I can't believe you all are still in school! And, I would just stand over her and keep jiggling her until she stands up and starts moving. Hee hee.
A DAY of allowance? I had no idea allowance was given on a daily basis.
LOL. My husband "fines" her a day of allowance.
They usually get allowance on Sundays, and he'll deduct a day's worth.
It's obviously not a big motivator for her.
Post a Comment
What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)