Random stuff, in no particular order about no particular subject(s) whatever.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

...oh, and don't be fooled. I often ramble here several times a day. Really, I know I should be doing something else - but don't TELL.

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Should've written this earlier

Monday was the perfect early summer evening.

Clear skies, calm water, mild temps.

And no meetings, sports, or other conflicts.

You know what that means?

Yup - a PERFECT night for a boat ride. :-)

Unfortunately, with the high price of gas - not *our boat, but a boat nonetheless.

We went in a friend's open bow 17 ft. boat, out on the bay to a favorite local bar/restaurant with a dock.

Monday's are steak night - beer, butter garlic strip steaks. Yum. And a very nice pitcher of (I'm forgetting the name) Hop Back Amber - or something like that. It was perfect.

I had a feeling dh might call, just as I was pulling out the ground beef to make burgers for the grill. He did. But - I gladly put them away and rounded up the kids. Darling daughter was in the hot tub with a friend and number one son was at the library with a friend.

When I went to get him, I spied him sitting outside of the local pizza parlor with his friends. And I just *ruined his night by taking him to the boat and interrupting his social life. He was really ugly about it. Cuz, yeah, it's torture to go hang out on a boat.

He'll be 13 next month, and I'm all for granting him small freedoms, but he seems to think he's more independent than he has a right to be. He thinks being a teenager is some magical stage where his parents won't interfere with his life.

Hah. Fat chance.

I guess you could say it was an almost perfect evening. A sullen pre-teen put a bit of a damper on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Let's Give' Em Something to Talk About.....

How 'bout life?....

analytics

Observational Humor Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Look how many people have wandered in