You know, I only have 2 children. And they're of an age where they are pretty independent. But there are days when we have to be in like, 3 places at the same time and it just doesn't work.
How do you do it with 4 kids? Or 6? There's a family on my son't baseball team with 6 kids. The Dad is one of the coaches, and the Mom comes to every game with a double stroller for the 5 month old and the toddler, and then there are 3 younger girls, maybe ages 4-10. Yikes. Everytime one of the youngers needs go to the bathroom, she packs up everything and pushes the monster stroller to the snackbar/bathroom complex. Yikes.
So, yesterday was one of those days for me. We had to help out at the church Strawberry Social which started at 4, the kids got home from school at 3:15, number one son had baseball practice at 5:30 I had to be downtown to meet DH at 6:00 for a reception and the opening of the Jazz festival (Frank Sinatra, Jr), and I arranged for darling daughter to go hang out a friend's house. Did I mention it was hotter than hell and I had to switch gears from hot and sweaty casual wear to chic and glam for an evening out in a window of opportunity that was only about 12 minutes long? Heh. Any way, I arranged for number one son to get a ride home from a teammate, and all was well.
So, the reception was outdoors and because of the iffy weather, they erected a tent for the food stations and bar - all the heat was trapped underneath and when I say hot, I mean H-O-T. My arms and neck were slicked with sweat, I had no appetite (a nice side benefit), sweat rivulets were running down the backs of my knees and I was so drained that I had more water than wine. :-(
I'm not talking about a lady-like glow, I'm talking all out wet. Yuck. Anyway, the theater was air conditioned, Frank was entertaining, and I took a cool shower when I got home. All is well.
Especially since our schedule is relatively light today. I'm enjoying my coffee and then I'll get dressed. It might be time for some garden weeding.
Enjoy the day.
Oh, there I am.
1 week ago

2 comments:
We went out to eat last night and someone had overheated the grill earlier, so the inside of the restaurant was balmy. I stuck to the pleather seats. Yuck. I know how you felt!
Now imagine that mom facing the bathroom trip with mixed genders of questionable self-sufficiency/safety awareness, but clearly above the implied "unisex" age limit.
Nightmare!
Thank you for reminding me to tell my ovaries to hush. :)
Post a Comment
What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)