I drive home every day on a road that goes through a commercial area that has your typical fast food joints, strip malls, restaurants and gas stations - lots of places where people need to make left turns.
To accommodate this, the lovely road engineers planned and built what are commonly known as "turning lanes".
You know the ones - they're in the middle of the road, separated by a dotted yellow line.
Smart cookies, they are, planning to keep traffic moving smoothly and not backing up while everyone waits for someone to make a left turn across traffic on a busy street.
You're supposed to signal your intent, move into that lane and wait there for a chance to complete your left turn into the parking lot of the business you intend to patronize - you know, that sudden urge for a Big Mac, or a quick stop at the fancy-pants wine store, or the chi-chi little boutique of women's duds and home accessories. Or maybe it's a stop for bargains at Marshall's.
I don't really care WHERE they're going, it just pisses me off that every single day, there's someone (why is it usually a woman?) that is BLOCKING THE FREAKING TRAFFIC right into the major INTERSECTION!!!!!
I swear, I'm not usually a road rage kind of person, but this makes me feel like I'm going to blow a gasket.
Of course, I'm not usually looking far enough in advance to switch lanes and move around this imbecile - I'm the one who gets stuck - usually in said major intersection.
And when they finally make their turn and the snarl of traffic moves past them, when I look over at them they usually have a look of total oblivion to the back-up they just caused.
Aarrrgh. Dammit. It just makes me cranky.
Enjoy the day.
Oh, there I am.
1 week ago

2 comments:
It makes me nuts when people do that too. Don't they realize that's why it's called a TURN lane??? Arrrgghhh!
Hells YES I want some wine! Slide it over, sister!!
Post a Comment
What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)