Random stuff, in no particular order about no particular subject(s) whatever.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

...oh, and don't be fooled. I often ramble here several times a day. Really, I know I should be doing something else - but don't TELL.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

What Not to Wear

You'd think I would dress a lot better considering how much I (mentally) criticize others for their fashion choices.

But noooo, I just *think I'm a fashionista because I watch too much of TLC's What Not to Wear.

But really, at Marshall's, the 4 inch lime green patent leather heels are on the clearance rack for a REASON, people. No. One. Else. Would. Buy. Them. Think about it for a minute. Then put them back on the rack and Walk. Away.

And I have nothing against a well-placed, discreet tattoo*, but when you combine it with a bra-strap bearing** baring tank, facial piercings and garishly glittered and painted fake nails, I'm not getting a positive first impression. Sorry 'bout that.

Personally, I think Nail Art belongs on preteens or Porn Stars. But that's just me; you're free to do what pleases you, of course.

Oh. And don't get me started on over-tweezed eyebrows.

*Really, I'm not bashing tattoos. I really like this one:
Not the one under his arm - the one over his left nipple. It looked better on TV last night, but this is the only one I could find. He's HOT. And so is Michael Phelps and they're both young enough to be my sons, I'm pretty sure. Slap me now and get it over with.

Enjoy the day.

** see what I mean, people? Geesh.

6 comments:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

There's a girl at our local grocery store who wears rings (multiple rings) on every one of her grubby fingers. She's really sweet though and kind of young, so I think she'll grow out of it. (I hope).

Anonymous said...

I just had lunch at a vegan cafe and our server "Lala" was everything you just described. I think you possibly would have had a heart attack.

Miss Thystle said...

I'm so glad watching the boy swimmers make someone else feel dirty. I just want to rub them all over with grape jelly....what? TMI?

3carnations said...

Be careful - I seem to remember getting a lot of negative feedback from a post about my opinion of tattoos on parents and wild haircuts on kids. To each their own, of course, but I'm free to have my opinion, too, right? :)

kristin said...

3carnations - I'd be wary, but really, who reads this blog anyway?

Sarah -I actually come from quite hardy stock. And I'm really pretty tolerant - just equally (mentally)snarky to everyone.

Miss Thystle - you lost me with the grape jelly. But I'd definitely go for a midnight swim with those cute boys.

PearlsOfSomething said...

I keep losing my comment!

I believe you're not tataphobic (Hey, I tried to find a real -phobia word, and was shocked to come up empty handed).

I also believe enough rum could convince anyone to do anything.

And I'm secretly in love with the older son on Weeds and Gene Simmons' son. I think they're both legal, but I know that won't hold up in court.

Post a Comment

What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Let's Give' Em Something to Talk About.....

How 'bout life?....

analytics

Observational Humor Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Look how many people have wandered in