And it's not fun stuff either.
I work part-time. Sounds nice, huh? And I really like what I do. A lot of it is flexible and stuff that I can plan that includes my family. I actually get paid to do things like have family make-your-own-pizza nights, hikes, bike rides, movies, etc.
Except that I have not one, not 2, but 3 part-time jobs.
I work for a church as the office administrator for about 25 hours a week. I type the church newsletters and bulletins and keep the parish records. That's great and the pastor I work for is funny with a wry sense of humor. I also plan youth and family programs and coordinate small group ministries for 2 other churches. They're kind of related - I try to include both churches when I plan activities.
But the meetings are going to run me ragged. I have church council meetings to attend, youth group meetings, Strawberry Social planning meetings, and this weekend? A 30 Hour Famine sleep over with youth. Yes, a famine. That means no eating until Saturday dinner. :-(
(You can bet that I'm going to seriously sneak in a few granola bars in my bag)
Oh, and my Darling husband has a crazy schedule, too - fundraising dinners, board meetings, receptions with volunteers and doonors, blah, blah, blah and a fair amount of travel. And the kids have sports, open houses,.... you know the drill.
I like the work, but with multiple employers and congregations, I'm trying to be in too many places at once! The problem is that I'm attached to all of these places and feel that it's not just a job, it's a calling and so it would be easier to find work at one place, I don't want to leave any of them.
What to do?
Oh, there I am.
1 week ago

1 comment:
I'm good at saying no. LOL. But, I understand that you feel drawn to these jobs, too. Is there anyone you trust to maybe hand off one position to? (bad grammar, I know!)I don't know how people work, raise kids, keep a house, etc. There just aren't enough hours in the day - and us ladies often get the short end of the stick.
Post a Comment
What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)