I went grocery shopping last night on the way home from the Y.
It's probably not a good idea to shop on a Friday night, when you're hungry and tired. I wasn't going to do BIG SHOPPING.
Just a FEW QUICK THINGS for breakfast. You know, maybe $30-40.
Uh-huh. I spent $154.73
Not that I didn't need most of it, but I think I got carried away on skin care products. I needed moisturizer, and I've been thinking of improving my skin care routine. Something drastic like actually removing my make-up before I go to bed and something to get into my frown furrows. (is it any wonder I have *those?)
I definitely got confused between all the cleanser and moisturizer choices. Did I need an invigorating or a renewing scrub? Anti-aging or age-defying? Micro-beads or alpha-hydroxy something or other? Intense wrinkle-filling serum or night-time eye defense cream? I ended up buying too much and blowing some of my grocery budget.
The other aisles were easy - a few cereals, milk, eggs, some juice boxes and snacks for the kids, cat food... oh and let's just grab some ice cream, it's been a while.
I was going to grab a half gallon of Turkey Hill or Perry's or Wegmans, but I was thinking about how I missed out on Ben and Jerry's FREE CONE DAY. :-(
.... And about how much I used to love Rainforest Crunch (discontinued), Wavy Gravy (discontinued), Dastardly Mash (discontinued), and Phish Food (still around) and Chunky Monkey (still around).
So I decided to try Creme Brulee. I bought it on Friday night. At around 10 PM.
When I was making dinner tonight I had the last 2 spoonfuls. That's all that was left after I forced myself to put it away last night. You might have noticed the sticky keys on last night's post.
Definitely an addiction that my rapidly expanding waistline doesn't need.
Oh, there I am.
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment
What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)