I am taking a break from my ho-hum routine, playing hooky from errands, cleaning and work and going out to lunch with 2 Blogger Buddies.
One, I met in the fall for the first time and one I have only cyber-stalked.
Both of them live in the same metropolitan ( I take creative license with that term) area that I do.
Perhaps it's more accurate to say that we live in 3 suburbs of the same small Upstate NY city.
But no matter, the fact is that we are geographically close enough to meet for lunch.
Close enough to put gestures and faces and inflection to the banter that we are familiar with through blogs.
Close enough to expose gray roots and Mom jeans (NO! I kid!) and new hair cuts (sadly not mine).
Close enough to share a few laughs and maybe make new friends. Or at least close enough to eat together.
But far apart enough that we won't have to play hide and seek in Wegman's in case we don't want to do it again. ;-)
I think it's great to go out on a limb and meet someone new. I flew to Chicago in September to meet 4 women that I only knew from message boards. I even shared a room with one. Except for the fact that I probably snored, I think it went well. I had a great time and did something outside of my routine. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
I'm meeting Heather and Andi.
Go check out their blogs. They're both humorous and observant and I'm really looking forward to lunch.
I'll fill you in later. :-)
Enjoy the day.
PS. I'll be wearing my ChicBuds out and about today! Don't forget the Give Away coming soon!
Oh, there I am.
1 week ago

10 comments:
Your lunch buddies will know it's you when they see the gal in the chic buds, right? :)
That and the pink carnation held between my teeth. :-)
Oh, I'm so envious (but in a good way). Have a fabulous lunch date! :-)
Waaaa!
Hey, maybe in the fall or summer, I can actually eat lunch too. The 2 oldest will be in school all day, leaving me with 1 left.
What are chicbuds?
So, when are we going to do it again?
Had an AWESOME time! And the CSI and FBI crews I had on standby weren't even needed - BONUS!
Did you wear your fab cowboy hat?
Oh, and I love Wegmans. I know that isn't super relevant, but I wanted to say it anhow.
anyhow.
Ok, I'm really leaving.
I felt the same way when I met Marinka in NYC. It was such a blast. I'm hoping to see her again an Kelcey over at Mammabirddiaries again in April. Look forward to hearing how much fun you had
Post a Comment
What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)