Random stuff, in no particular order about no particular subject(s) whatever.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

...oh, and don't be fooled. I often ramble here several times a day. Really, I know I should be doing something else - but don't TELL.

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Talk Amongst Yourselves

I have a few posts to catch up on:

  • my fabulous lunch with Andi and Heather
  • my ChicBuds review
  • my ChicBuds Giveaway
  • random observations
But in the meantime.... I leave you with this:

What did Bloggers do before they blogged?


Were you a journal writer? A diary-keeper?

Were you more or less socially connected in real life?

Do you consider yourself out-going or shy?

What have you given up to make more time for blogging?


P.S. If you know where the Traveling Bloggy Box of Goodness is, please raise your hand! (Then, email me)

14 comments:

Kathy said...

I sat on my butt and watched TV for hours at a time. Now I sit on my butt and blog for hours at a time.

Anonymous said...

Ok, well. I worked full time. When I left, I didn't even WANT a computer. haha.
I did a LOT of art work.
I wrote a LOT of fun things, including newsletters for school "RBM" (Rich Bitch Monthly by "Leona and Imelda") and A "Commuters News"...just funny things.
send a lot of snail mail.

Lorrie Veasey said...

OK- I wanna hear all about the lunch and then i want you to get right onto planning Blogslurr '09.

Next: WTF? Do you mean the ACURSED Box of Bloggy Cursedness? May I suggest a do-over in which we BLOG about what we WOULD HAVE sent in real life if we weren't all such lazy a$$es?

Lorrie Veasey said...

OH AND ALSO:
How come you never asked me to give you a giveaway? Geez. If i'd known how much you'd pee your pants over earphones I would have given you a table setting for six.

Deb said...

I was/am fairly socially connected. I'm starting to think I like the bloggy life better. I think I have given up time cleaning and watching tv for blogging. I don't miss cleaning, but I miss the cleaner house!!!

kristin said...

Lorrie - see previous post re: my apology to you and Sheree - you did offer first.

Besides being a loser, I was guilty about your previous generosity and didn't want to take advantage.

Maybe we can do something in the spring if you forgive me? :-)

kristin said...

Speaking of BlogSlur.. I've been planning to stalk you in April when DH goes to the Yankees game... and now he wants ME to go!

WTH?

Wanna go to the game? ;-)

Bj in Dallas said...

that box is on someones porch covered in six feet of snow, I just know it.

And LV was right behind me and I had already trained the sled team to crawl in a box. all for nothing.

ps. I'm not shy

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I used to read books more often. Now, I just read blogs and whatever interests me online. I also used to knit, which is hard to do with a curious toddler. I suspect I'll get back to that at some point. :-) (and reading...)

3carnations said...

I used to sporadically journal. Now I frequently ramble. :)

Blonde Goddess said...

I have kept a diary for years. As for online journaling, I have done that for roughly 7 years or so. I kept my blogging private and then one day I decided to go ahead and just let it all out.
I gave up cleaning to blog.
No big loss there.
It keeps my teenagers from having wild parties at my house. (They're embarrassed to invite people over and too lazy to clean it themselves)
I think it's a win win situation all around.

Miss Thystle said...

before blogging? There is such a thing?

I used to do work. HAHAHA. I was such a sucker. Thank goodness for the interwebs.

the mama bird diaries said...

I was a TV journalist. You know, I actually got a salary for writing.

Mandy said...

Were you a journal writer? A diary-keeper? nope

Were you more or less socially connected in real life? --- not really ... maybe prekid when I worked

Do you consider yourself out-going or shy?
VERY SHY

What have you given up to make more time for blogging?
proper parenting and some meals

Post a Comment

What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Let's Give' Em Something to Talk About.....

How 'bout life?....

analytics

Observational Humor Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Look how many people have wandered in