Random stuff, in no particular order about no particular subject(s) whatever.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

...oh, and don't be fooled. I often ramble here several times a day. Really, I know I should be doing something else - but don't TELL.

Friday, January 30, 2009

HeY! NoN-SuPeRBoWL FaNS!

Anyone out there NOT doing a SuperBowl party or gathering?

Anyone boycotting?

I am SO not a fan of televised sports, but especially not hockey or football.

I used to watch the SuperBowl for the commercials, but now I can see them online, so what's the point?

I think I might go to the movies with DD.

Any suggestions?

Now, mind you, if any of you invited me to a kick-ass SuperBowl party, I would be there with fan gear on and everything and with all my festive whooping and hollering, you probably would never know that I despise it.


I'm just sayin'.... you know, in case your invite is in the mail.

PS. I would probably wear a football jersey, in case you were worried.


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not doing anything. I will be at my volunteer job at the hospital.

Amy said...

I doubt if I'll watch. DH is out of town, and I don't like football, so what's the point?

Elle said...

The Super what? I know not of which you speak. The BF isn't terribly football crazy, so there is about a 20% chance that I can talk him into a movie or something instead. Or if not, there's always the snacks and beer. (I'm all about the silver lining.)

Heather said...

Nope, no partying here. Hubby watches the game and I watch the commercials, but we're not like GLUED to the TV set for the entire thing. (It would be a different story if the Bills were in the game............. remember back when the Bills would play in the Superbowl, back in the 90s? *sigh* <-- on behalf of Hubby who is a fervent Bills fan; I'm just a football fan by marriage.)

I do have family members who are rabid, diehard Steelers fans though, so that's who we'll be rooting for on their behalf. Go Steelers!

For movie recommendations, we saw Slumdog Millionaire over MLK weekend and it was great. Parts of it are hard to watch, be warned, but it was still a great movie. It's playing at Tinseltown, among other places.....

Linda said...

Superbowl.... Oh yeah, that's this Sunday, huh? (Found that out this afternoon).

I will be enjoying a quiet afternoon at home with just the dog... YES!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

We'll watch as the Evil Twin is a huge Steelers fan, but no party or anything. Just the usual Sunday lounging.

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

I don't do sports either. Not sure what's so fabulous about them...but then again, I'm a bit of a loser oftentimes, so go figure.

I just saw Revolutionary Road, and really liked it. A bit sad, but very good.

Have fun!

Something Happened Somewhere Turning said...

I'm going to try for church if I don't oversleep from Ambein or end up staying up too late. Then maybe a drive.
Have a good weekend!

Bj in Dallas said...

could care less about this game, as soon as my Sooners lost, football season was over for me. But we are cooking out standard grill fare just to feel like part of the day, but probably just watching commercials.....oh and drinking something....

Lorrie Veasey said...

I am working and DH will try to force the spawn to watch it, but after about 5 minutes they'll be bored and trouble will ensue.

Anonymous said...

Hi!
Never saw any superbowl before.

Deb said...

Didn't watch!!! Next year we should have an anti superbowl party. But, we should all wear shirts.

the mama bird diaries said...

Didn't see the superbowl. Didn't see the funny ads. Nothing.

Post a Comment

What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Let's Give' Em Something to Talk About.....

How 'bout life?....

analytics

Observational Humor Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Look how many people have wandered in