Random stuff, in no particular order about no particular subject(s) whatever.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

...oh, and don't be fooled. I often ramble here several times a day. Really, I know I should be doing something else - but don't TELL.

Monday, January 5, 2009

Random thoughts on cats. and dogs, too.

First of all, even though I'm familiar with the book, Marley and Me, I was totally blindsided by the movie.

First of all, every single preview makes you think it's just a funny, kinda dumb movie about an adorable, incorrigible dog. Cute. A light fluff holiday movie, right?

Oh, nooooo. All 4 of us were bawling at the end. On our happy-go-lucky vacation. Granted, the title character reminded us (looks wise, anyway) of our lab mix that we put to sleep in October. But really. A little warning next time. Please? At least a reminder about the ending.

Second, I loooove cats for their independence. For their you-can't-make-me-run-to-you aloofness. For their I'm-so-cool I-wouldn't-be-caught-dead-playing-fetch attitude. For their "I-meant-to-do-that coolness.

So, why do I have the goofy cat that is more Marley-like in his antics and total lack of grace? I have the cat who missed me so much while we were gone, that I can't even go to the bathroom alone since I've been home.
(Doesn't he look devious?)

I have the cat who thinks that 4 AM is the purr-fect time to wake me up for a snuggle and some belly-scratching. Can you read the time on the clock? 3:59. That's AM, people!


And when I try to ignore him, he nips me on the cheek. Yes, he BITES me.

:::sigh:::

I do think he's adorable, though.

Ain't love grand?

13 comments:

Amy said...

Our cat has totally recovered from her wannabe UTI and was throwing herself against the door to the laundry area this morning. Yes, she has issues.

Anonymous said...

I cannot agree with you more about marley & me. they make it seem all sweetness & light & funny, and then they hit you in th gut. We saw it on vacation as well, with children! The six-year old who was with us proclaimed at the end that "it was the saddest movie he had seen in the whole of his life!!" We too put our girl down in November, so it was way too soon to see this.

However, Key West looked awesome!!

Miss Thystle said...

thanks for the heads up. I WON'T be seeing that movie now!

Robin said...

Now I'll wait for the video....I don't want to see Roy cry in public.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Awww, those are just little "love bites". :-)

Mandy said...

hey, just here catching up on your posts ..love the pictures .. well, most of them;)

Deb said...

Love hurts.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up about Marley. I'll probably see it anyway, but I like to be prepared.

My cat used to play fetch with a ping pong ball (I have no idea where it came from) when she was a kitten, but she grew out of it. Now, she's like, "you get it."

3carnations said...

I DO remember the ending to the book. That's why when my son sees a commercial for the movie and eagerly says "Marley and Me!" I don't ask if he wants to see the movie. We would have to leave early.

Downbeat said...

Boy oh boy do I want an animal friend again. Too bad all the people I love are allergic.

Lorrie Veasey said...

cats rule, dogs drool. Nuff said.

Something Happened Somewhere Turning said...

It really pays to check out IMDb.com before you go see a movie (that is if you can). I took my young ones to see Hancock and boy that was enough to freak me out. We generally have to kennel are dogs and we let the cats run free when we go somewhere. They get really uppity when we come home like they are going to ignore us, but that doesn't last very long. We are usually rewarded by cleaning up cat vomit. What is it with them in their temper tantrums. Still...I'm with Lorrie, dogs drool.

Judy M. said...

MIL wanted us to go see "Marley & Me" while we were there. I *did suspect, and said "No." My children totally fell apart watching "Eight Below" at HOME. No way are we doing that in a movie theater.

As for your cat: He looks exactly like mine. Must be a black cat thing. The last two times we went away, we left the dog here, too, and had a pet sitter. This time we took the dog and left the cat. She KISSED the dog when we got home, and has slept in our bed ever since (and she NEVER did that before). I feel bad about leaving her now. :(

Post a Comment

What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Let's Give' Em Something to Talk About.....

How 'bout life?....

analytics

Observational Humor Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Look how many people have wandered in