The Wong-Baker FACES Pain Rating Scale.My husband is a 5 on this scale, but if he could put a number on it, I bet it would be a 50. It's all about the foot pain.
This is my face:
Except, well, I'm not wearing a tie.And I'm not a guy.

Totally busted by Miss Thystle. :-(
Those are not really my jammies. Mine are the flannel, button-front old man kind.
But with penguins.
And they are a lovely shade of lavender.
They came with free slippers.

8 comments:
Sorry for you pain
I have pink penguin PJs
Oh (((hugs))) I'm so sorry your DH is having so much pain. Foot pain sucks because then you're immobilized. (Suppose you don't really need me to tell you that, though, huh?) My great-grandmother, who was a nurse, used to soak her feet in a warm Epsom salts bath. She also had gout a few times, but I can't recall if the Epsom salts soak was for foot pain related to gout or something else. Might be worth a try? It certainly doesn't get more old school than my Great Nana, as she was born in the 1800s and all (and lived to be 97!)...
Those penguin jammies look much more toasty than my cotton stripey jammies, which turned out to have the warmth rating of air when I escorted Kiddo (who insisted upon walking instead of driving) to the bus this morning. I'm trying to say it was "invigorating" but really, it was just cold!
Hang in there!! (((hugs)))
*I* want penguin PJ's! Where did you get them? When I went to Sea World they had the CUTEST thermal's style PJ's with Shamu and do you think they came in a size over 6x? No. So I pouted the whole time, just like a 5 year old. But Penguin jammies *might* make up for it. But only if they're purple.
Sorry about the pain and the sad. But, you said WONG! /walking off to snicker like a kid.
I LOVE THE PAIN SCALE TOO!! Shouldnt that just apply in all areas of life??? I need it for an upcoming sales meeting...
ps your humor is still there if all else seems absent..hang in
check out Dr Andrew Weils webpage about gout..
he's pretty good
I alos have penguin jammies! But mine are a little different. I also have sheep jammies.
also. no alos. Second typo comment in a row. Maybe I should stop. Or proofread.
Free slippers?? No way!!!
Hoping your hubby feels better soon!
Post a Comment
What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)