Random stuff, in no particular order about no particular subject(s) whatever.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

...oh, and don't be fooled. I often ramble here several times a day. Really, I know I should be doing something else - but don't TELL.

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Old people's confession time




Okay, so in recent medical news - this just in.

I don't have kidney stones.

I don't have a tumor. That's a relief.
So, I'm not going to become famous blogging about my cancer with a courageous, humorous spin on my life.

This blog will not be my legacy to my family (at last that pressure is off)

I have "mild degenerative changes" and some arthritis.

That, my friends, is the result of 4 weeks of a kidney infection, 2 weeks of antibiotics, several weeks of bitching and moaning, and a 3 hour wait in the radiology department the night before Thanksgiving (drinking several gallons of water, enduring multiple stabbings in an attempt to get a usable blood sample and an IV of a quart of contrast dye and another quart of saline solution).
(That is not my tush)

I'm getting old. Apparently, mild degenerative changes don't alarm my doctor. My body is just wearing out. Isn't there an extended warranty I can get?

Oh, and DH? The one who's been nauseous and gaggy and whining for 5 weeks? (well, the only one I have, to be honest). He finally went to the doctor today (after I threatened him). He has an ulcer. He's going for more tests this week, all sorts of GI stuff, but at least they ruled out other stuff like prostate cancer. He's old, too.

Oh, what an exciting life I lead.

Next up: AARP travel reviews, early bird dining deals and tips on the best senior pharmacies.

Stay tuned!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Getting old sucks, but at least you can blame your stuff on getting old. DH says he married a defective product, lol.

Heather said...

I've noticed (and, honestly not trying to rub in the fact that I'm a little younger than you) that many more things make noise on my body now. Like my right knee, which does a CLICK-click-CLICK each time I ascend a step (though not when going downstairs or on level ground). Or my elbows, neck, back, ankles and toes which all crack or creak with alarming frequency.

So, please scope out all the kewlest old people locales in town as I'll be needing that info soon. Oh, and I hear Faris Pharmacy is the best Old Person Pharmacy on the west side, and the Rite Aid on Park Ave is the best in the city. Don't know about the east side yet though....

:D

Seriously, though, sorry about hubby's ulcer and glad to hear you do not have kidney stones or cancer. I mean, I'd rather be old than ill, right?

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Sorry to hear about the health issues. The Evil Twin and I have plenty of our own. But, I bet your DH is in for some surprises (namely, some surgical thing-a-ma-bob going up his poop chute). That's a drag.

Deb said...

You should tell people that is your tush...looks great for someone with degenerative changes and arthritis!!!

Post a Comment

What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Let's Give' Em Something to Talk About.....

How 'bout life?....

analytics

Observational Humor Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Look how many people have wandered in