Random stuff, in no particular order about no particular subject(s) whatever.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

...oh, and don't be fooled. I often ramble here several times a day. Really, I know I should be doing something else - but don't TELL.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My Festivus Miracle!




But first, one more grievance to add.

Well, maybe 2.

First, I hate it when cars and trucks go the wrong way in a one way parking lot. There's van that always is entering the exit driveway of our church parking lot as I'm leaving our lot. He's looking for a short cut to the group home next door and it ticks me off, especially because he never acknowledges that he's going the wrong way.

Second, I have a habit of tucking my cell phone under my legs crotch when I'm driving. This often means that it flies out of the car when I swing my legs out and forget that it's there. (you can insert tasteless remark here if you wish). Usually this results in the back coming off and me swearing. I usually notice this right away.

The grievance? I did it again tonight. I was wearing a big bulky winter coat. It was dark. And slushy. I didn't realize that I had no cell phone until I was inside Barnes and Noble 10 minutes later. I pulled out of my parking spot and realized it wasn't in the car.

My Festivus Miracle:

I circled the parking lot and pulled up next to where I had parked (of course there was already another car there) and THERE WAS MY CELLPHONE! Woohoo! Not crushed, not broken, and not ruined. :-)

One other Festivus miracle: DH is walking around again with less pain! Can I get another Woohoo!?

Thank you.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Woo-hoo indeed!!!

My Festivus grievance: towns that decide not to send a snowplow around for over 24 hours, despite high winds causing major snow drifting that completely blocks the ends of streets off which people, you know, *live* and all.

My Festivus miracle: towns that magically send a plow just as I am looking up the DPW phone number to call and beg/plead/scream/threaten/rant about the lack of plowing.

Glad your DH is walking around with less pain and that your phone lives to see another day of snuggling up in your..... lap. :D

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Wooo-hooo all the way around! Merry Christmas, too!

Anonymous said...

My mailman had a Festivus miracle yesterday when I finished shoveling the snow off my steps just as he arrived. Shortly thereafter, it began to snow again. Convenient for him; inconvenient for me: a true Festivus miracle!

J Fab said...

I love Christmas miracles! It just warms my cold little heart! LOL I am sooo glad you found your phone unharmed. Hope your Christmas is warm and fuzzy.

Post a Comment

What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Let's Give' Em Something to Talk About.....

How 'bout life?....

analytics

Observational Humor Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Look how many people have wandered in