Random stuff, in no particular order about no particular subject(s) whatever.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

...oh, and don't be fooled. I often ramble here several times a day. Really, I know I should be doing something else - but don't TELL.

Friday, December 12, 2008

I really thought I found Lorrie's MoJo

....or at least mine.

DH came home yesterday.

My in-laws breezed into town for a 24 hour visit and brought spanakopita and much needed moral support.

My mother-in-law got to see Number One Son's Chorus concert. He won't be on American Idol anytime soon, but I'm glad he's in it.

(don't those boys look EXCITED to be singing?) lol

DH is HOME!

Did I mention that? :-)

And then there was today.

Here's a recap, if you're still with me: (I'll highlight the highs and lows)

Highs:
  • DH is H.O.M.E.
  • Morning coffee in my "Bite Me" mug from Sheree
  • My doctor said my CT scan and other tests indicate my kidneys are fine
  • I opened the bottle of wine DH and I bought this summer from a cute little winery in Niagara-on-the-Lake in Ontario, CA (that's Canada, not California)
  • I used my "Mommy's Sippy Cup" wine glass from Lorrie
Lows:
  • DH has gout. Yes, gout. No, he's not 87.
  • He can't take the typical gout medication because of his kidneys
  • I have some arthritis in my back. And bone spurs. Sounds like fun, huh? Now, I don't need a walker yet, but really? Arthritis? I'm only 46. Geesh.
  • It's an adjustment to figure out medication and diet to make DH better. So yes, he's still a little crabby. I can deal.
  • Number One Son got lunch detention today. He has no impulse control.
  • He also has detention because he argued with his bus driver last week - that's an afterschool detention.
  • My darling daughter was reaching for a cup from the cabinet and my sippy cup broke. Yes, *that sippy cup. Yup, my favoritest wine glass. :-(
  • I lost both the wine and the glass. I even specifically put it on that counter to get it out of the way of the kids getting plates and stuff for dinner. Damn.
  • I stepped on the wet carpet in my socks.
  • Number One Son had hockey practice tonight from 8:10-9:10. That's bad enough, but I took him to the WRONG RINK. The one close to our house. And had to drive across town to the right one. He was Late. My Fault. Totally. (I don't think we need to tell DH, do you?)
  • Tonight was supposed to be our big Christmas party. :-(
Yeah, the Lows list is longer than the Highs list. That's not good.

Have you ever read "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day"?
I think I'd like Australia.

Just sayin'.

At the end of the day, though, DH is still home.:-)



14 comments:

Something Happened Somewhere Turning said...

The night we came home from Thanksgiving dinner from the 'Outlaws', we were unloading the car and the youngest broke my wifes Blessing Jar. That really sucked.
Bone spurs sound awful, so does gout. You guys's take care of yourselves.
Too bad about American Idol.

PearlsOfSomething said...

Oh, man. Focus on the positive! Your dh is home! Sure, it would have been nice if the gout had stayed at the hospital... but still.

If it makes you feel better, I found out I had arthritis before I was 30. Different place and probably different kind... but still.

Big hugs for stepping on wet carpet in socks. That's the kind of thing that REALLY sucks.

Hope you have a fantabulous day today!

Bj in Dallas said...

hey, my GF always says 'you could be pregnant and puking'.. trying to make me feel better!!
sorry about the health stuff, check out Dr. Andrew Weil for some natural healing for gout-
my mom has it and she found some help on his website. Email me if you can't find it...
hang in there!!

Amy said...

I'm sorry, that's a crappy week. I have arthritis in my ankles, and I'm only 33. DH said he wants a refund, I told him it's his own fault that he didn't take out the warranty. I stepped on the wet carpet in my socks Wednesday... Maddie was flipping out over something while I was shampooing it.

But your DH is home. :)

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I'm sorry about the health issues - for both you and DH. That's a lot to take in at one time. But, I'm glad you got to see the in-laws, get that support (and goodies) and that DH is finally home!

Mandy said...

can I just say I hate wet socks?? yep, I realize that was your biggest problem.

I will be on the look out for a new sippy cup:)

kristin said...

You guys are *always good for some cheer if I'm feeling low.

Thanks.

It's sunny today, and even though we have snow, I think Louisiana has more snow than we do.:-)

Bj in Dallas said...

kwr
You don't have word verfication, so how do we play over here????????????

Elle said...

Aack! Back to swigging straight outta the bottle like the rest of us, huh?

(so glad DH is home! :)

Lorrie Veasey said...

Everytime I step in something wet in my socks..I have to smell the sock. It's never anything good.

Maybe if y'all are VERY GOOD Santa may send you another sippy.

And going forward, next time you win a contest I probably should just send you two right off the bat.

kristin said...

You *smell the sock?!

:::shaking head:::

33 questions said...

She smells the sock? Eeeww. Kristin, you are so brave. You barely whined about your wine.

Hey, girlie, I have an award for you over at my place. Cause I know you loves blog love.

kristin said...

*AND she's jealous 'cuz I use your BITE ME MUG for my morning coffee. :-)

3carnations said...

Yay for your husband being home!

Post a Comment

What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Let's Give' Em Something to Talk About.....

How 'bout life?....

analytics

Observational Humor Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Look how many people have wandered in