Yup, George says there's a flurry of activity and he was given no breakfast. They're prepping for surgery, so
{insert deep breath here}
it looks like they'll do the surgery today.
They won't do the endoscopic surgery though, this is full-on throat surgery so the surgeon can get a good look at all of the parathyroid glands.
Anyway, prayers for the surgeon's steady hand, for DH's peace of mind and for me to have patience with my children.
Because as much as they deserve some of it, they don't deserve all of my stress-aggravated impatience and witchy treatment. Aghhhh. We will get through all of this, but honestly, doesn't my self-centered Rude Teen-age Son know not to push my buttons and defy me on E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G when I'm already on edge?
And tell me this, is it unreasonable for me to expect my 13 and a half year old to set his own alarm clock and wake up semi-on-his-own? I tried waking him up and he ignored me. I made him walk today. Yes, I know it's like 6 degrees. I gave him a hat, he was wearing boots and a winter coat.
It's not that far a walk, really. He's tough and he walks on his own afterschool anyway. Well, not usually when it's this cold, but he'll survive and maybe not treat me like a jerk next time.
I know I'm a Mean Mom, but I want him to grow up to know his boundaries and right now he knows none. But that's another

14 comments:
Somehow I missed all these posts about your husband. I'm sorry for what he's going through, and will definitely keep your family in my prayers for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery!
Good thoughts for both of you. And no, you're not the world's meanest mom for making your son walk. Although it is really freaking cold today!
Thinking of you guys today!
Oh- and the TBBG should go out in the morning. I'm finally starting to feel of-this-world again.
If you're unable to provide an "uphill both ways" story for your dear child, I'd be happy to give him mine. I walked to school until I snagged a boyfriend with a car!
Hope all goes well today
Prayers that everything goes well and that DH is on his way home to finish recovering soon.
Also prayers for patience for you - hang in there!! At least you weren't Mean Mom enough to make DS wear snowpants for his walk to school; I made Kiddo put on snowpants as she wanted to wear a skirt and tights today. She looked like Ralphie's little brother in A Christmas Story, except with a ginormous backpack as an added accessory...
((hugs))
it's not unreasonable at all. Kid pick up on stress. M always acts WAY worse just when I need her to behave.
Prayers for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery. {{{{Hugs}}}
I'm glad the surgery will soon be over and you can start blogging about all that "immediate improvment" stuff! I know all will be well: keeping you and yours in my prayers.
Hey!
Just read your twitter glad it went well...
The kids will have a moment soon, when they suck it up and get in line. It just doesn't happen fast enough for us or when we need it...
hang in there!
My girls are 10 & 11 and they walk all the time. They actually love it.
Your twitter sidebar said everything went fine. I'm glad.
I had an endoscopy this morning,(the 4th this year [and no surgeries today!])they can be pretty uncomfortable. Get him some nice WARM soup. Nothing chunky.
Kwr...
There are a million variables. My blood type (O pos) puts me in a window of 2 to 2 1/2 yrs. That is because it is the most common. It is also the most needed. But many things change along the way. I'm not the only player in the larger scheme of things. I've never really looked at it in that light. As my numbers change so do theirs.
Hope all is well...get some rest.
I can't say this enough to other moms:
You're human and you were right to have the kid walk. 13 is old enough to get one's self out of bed and trust me, I'll bet he'll now think twice before he does this again.
I'm glad it went well. We're all here for you.
Glad it went well (saw your update elsewhere). As for walking, I walked uphill, both ways, from 1st grade on. So, OFW. :) Wish my kids had the option of walking sometimes. Of course, my little ones have a hard time becoming one with the idea of walking to the bus stop. "But everyone ELSE drives." I would say that we're closer, but the people across the street from the stop drive. I do not know why.
Hope all is well on your side of blogville
Post a Comment
What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)