Random stuff, in no particular order about no particular subject(s) whatever.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

...oh, and don't be fooled. I often ramble here several times a day. Really, I know I should be doing something else - but don't TELL.

Friday, September 5, 2008

To blog or not to blog

That's not really the question.

The question is why do so many bloggers feel the need to apologize when they're not blogging? I'm sure I'm included in there somewhere, so I'm not pointing fingers.

Okay, I put this little button on my sidebar, but I think it's time to bring it to your attention.



I have read quite a lot of blogs that mention being in a funk (yeah, I *know I already blogged on that - today, in fact), but I've read more today that talk about the pressure of blogging, the expectation of blogging something everyday and not always "feeling it".

Well, why do you blog? (yes, I know that I've already asked THAT question, too)

Actually, no I didn't. I actually blogged about whether or not your blog is public or private to your IRL friends.

So, why do you blog?

If it's for YOU, don't worry about when, how, or how often you post.

If you get paid for it, well then, quityerbitchin and get back to work.

(Oh, and if you're from Ugly Outfits New York? YOU should feel guilty. At least a little bit. :-) Post another photo already! It's tourist season for pete's sake! Ugly outfits abound in NYC in the summer.

Even I, upstate hick that I am, know *that.

Geesh, the last update was July 24th. What gives?)

But really, isn't this an outlet for most of us? A place to complain, observe, document our lives, spout off, pout, be funny or try-being-funny?

Relax. It's the weekend. And there's sure to be more blog fodder around town.

Or "Real Life" to live. And laundry. Let's not forget about the laundry.

Enjoy the day.

5 comments:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I just like to blather on mindlessly and humiliate myself on a regular basis (with the pics).

Lorrie Veasey said...

Ok really: who can possibly craft a well written blog while having to be concerned on any level that a certain other bloggess (ahem ahem) could be beating you to the comments section?

I mean jeeze....talk about pressure.

Marla said...

like the new look in here... actually i love it...

i blog for me... only me... but i must admit i love comments...

Deb said...

I have referred to myself on occasion as a comment whore. I love comments. Can't help it. Just can't help it.

Hey, I just added you to my blogroll today!!

Elle said...

Holy crap...how long have I been away? Have I been in a coma? And what IS the deal, anyway?!

You're my new mentor.

Post a Comment

What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Let's Give' Em Something to Talk About.....

How 'bout life?....

analytics

Observational Humor Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Look how many people have wandered in