Random stuff, in no particular order about no particular subject(s) whatever.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

...oh, and don't be fooled. I often ramble here several times a day. Really, I know I should be doing something else - but don't TELL.

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Another lousy day

Well, the day itself wasn't that bad, but I found more evidence of you-know-what on DD's head last night. Arghhhhhhh.

So, we treated again. Today is the first day of school, so she had her special outfit all picked out and wanted to straighten her hair.


Hah-hah! (insert evil cackle here)

We'll fry the suckers, burn them, annihilate them! Yup, as I read more about those little suckers, the more I know.
This time, I was on a Harvard website, http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/headlice.html, and did you know that heat from hairdryers, curling irons, etc will kill them? You can also freeze them, but considering the current weather and their proximity to Dd's head, that's not really an option.

Wish us luck.

Enjoy the day.


3 comments:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Is she allowed to go to school with they who must not be named? I hope they are history!

kristin said...

She's been treated twice and as of this morning (knock on wood) I saw no nits, so yes.

But the more I read, the more I find out that exclusion from school and no nits policies are unfounded.

The real culprit is sharing hats, combs, bedding, etc. They don't jump, fly or migrate. They just crawl. Slowly.
:::shudder:::

Downbeat said...

Oh my... at least it's only one head. A friend of mine took her youth group on a retreat a few weeks ago, and EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. of them got those that shall not be named. I'm knocking on wood, too, that these are the last of them.

Post a Comment

What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Let's Give' Em Something to Talk About.....

How 'bout life?....

analytics

Observational Humor Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Look how many people have wandered in