No, not mine, and not the weather.
But I just got finished reading 4 of the blogs on my blogroll and they all mention some form of lull, drought, funk, uninspired feelings, lack of creativity, or whatnot.
What's going on? Change of seasons? Back to school? Or, as Lorrie suggested, in a comment on Miss Thystle's blog, we're all in the same menstrual/menopausal cycle?
Maybe we should all go buy pints of our favorite Ben and Jerry's flavors, stock up on chocolate bars, and your favorite chardonnay or pinot whatever? That's not a bad scenario on a good week and it certainly has it's appeal during times of funk.
Not that I'm there yet, but I do find myself wishing for a good rain-soaked Saturday to curl up and disappear. Except that instead of curling up with a good book, I would really need to use the time to clean house, declutter, organize and work on my children's sermon.
Yes, I said children's sermon. Underneath my snark and mundane observations lies a faithful soul. I occasionally let it bust out and try to inspire, ignite and enthuse young people at my church on their faith journey. This week though, marks the beginning of the fall christian education cycle at church and this particular children's message is not just an add-on to the traditional sermon, it's THE sermon of the morning. Yikes.
I feel unprepared and a little anxious about the message and the delivery. I had a blast last time, as the lessons talked about building your house upon the sand or the rock - remember that? The wise man and the foolish man? Think of the kid's song. Anyway, we had fun and I even brought in a dish pan of sand and water and rocks.
So while I'm not exactly in a drought or funk, I am in search of inspiration. I know where to find it, I just need to be still enough to listen. It's all around me.
See ya later!
Enjoy the day.
PS - Oh, and you know what?
MY WATCH CAME YESTERDAY!!!!!!!
Thank you Lorrie! :-)
Check this out and go get your own.
I have to say, anyone who knows me and how I am with time, KNOWS this watch with it's "ish" time is absolutely, fantastically, perfectly appropriate for moi.
PPS - thoughts on the new colors? Thumbs up or thumbs down?
Not how I expected my morning to go
1 week ago

5 comments:
For what it's worth, the children's sermon is my favorite sermon of the year. I'm sure it'll be wonderful.
Love children's sermons! We have them twice a month and sometimes I learn more from them than the regular sermons!
Love the new colors/skin!
Thanks for stopping by. Oh, and I'm taking Statistics. I know, yuck.
I'm a pink loving girl. ; )
I miss the pink. But if you are happy with the white, I love the white. And those jeans look good on you too. I am so that kind of friend.
As to the chilluns sermon: could you not mention Hell a little? As in "Do your homework without whining or you will go TO HELL?" I know some moms who would really appreciate it-specially if you play up the writhing in eternal damnation aspect.
Just sayin.
Lorrie and Tracy are missing the pink, Deb and Marla like the new look...what to do, what to do?
I like the new layout - cleaner, I think. But not necessarily the colors. I wish there was an option to change the background colors and not just the font colors.
I like the pink, but I was getting a little tired of it, and if you know me IRL, I'm not so much a pink girl.
Post a Comment
What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)