Last year I didn't go to Winter Weekend for 2 reasons. My son had a broken leg and it would have been difficult (although not impossible) for him to get around.
And my Dad wanted to visit (from Bethlehem, PA) My Mom died 3 years ago so when he would say he wants to visit, I always thought that was important. For him and for us.
We had a great visit with Dad. He even stayed an extra day so G and I could travel to Massachusetts's for G's aunt's funeral.
My Dad took the kids to the library, took them out to dinner, got them off to school on Monday, and then got them settled at their after school activities since he had to leave for PA and I wouldn't be home until about 9 PM. By train. That was my mini-adventure since G had to go to Albany for a conference that week.
My Dad died a year ago. He was on his way home and had a heart attack.
I treasure that last weekend with him and I am so glad that I didn't push off his visit because we were busy.
I almost did.
Number one son went to Winter Weekend this year. He had a good time. So did I. Some things are meant to be.
And some things you wish weren't.
Oh, there I am.
1 week ago

2 comments:
I know it's hard, I see it through my husband. I dread the day I get that call for myself.
You know I remember this. What a sad time. Winter weekend sounds nice. Now I have to get over here to read your blog!! :)
Post a Comment
What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)