Random stuff, in no particular order about no particular subject(s) whatever.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

...oh, and don't be fooled. I often ramble here several times a day. Really, I know I should be doing something else - but don't TELL.

Monday, March 17, 2008

cooking, cooking, and more cooking

So, Sunday was a marathon cooking day. I'm no Martha Stewart, but in preparation for being out of commission for a little while (minor surgery), I wanted to stock my freezer full of meals that were easy to heat up.
I wish I had taken pictures of my kitchen - it was quite a mess!

And in between hooking up the hot tub and doing laundry, I made:
  • Pastitsio ( a Greek lasagna- type casserole)
  • Greek spaghetti sauce (cinnamon and nutmeg give it a distinct flavor)
  • spanakopita ( spinach-feta pie)
  • chicken pot pie
  • chicken to use for chicken salad
  • meatloaf
Along with frozen meatballs, pasta and quiche, I think we'll be okay for a while. Okay, so we certainly won't win any awards from Cooking Light. But everyone likes those favorites and I won't have to worry about it.

also bought a turkey for Sunday, since that's one of the few (only) things that dh cooks, and he's good at it. He promised to roast that and it'll also give us some good leftovers.

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

(Although I think I read somewhere that the Pope moved it to last Saturday so as not to interfere with Holy Week. Is that right? WTH?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Let's Give' Em Something to Talk About.....

How 'bout life?....

analytics

Observational Humor Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Look how many people have wandered in