Random stuff, in no particular order about no particular subject(s) whatever.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

...oh, and don't be fooled. I often ramble here several times a day. Really, I know I should be doing something else - but don't TELL.

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Humor?

So where's the sense of humor? My profile says that I'm trying to avoid "middle-aged mediocrity with a sense of humor".

So, where is it? As I read through my posts, I get the sense that writing this is good to get things off my chest (hah, as of next week, that will be a literal statement, not a figurative one), but I'M NOT SEEING THE HUMOR! And if, by chance, you're reading, I don't think you are either.

So, what to do about it? What's the cure? I think I have a sense of humor. Sometimes it's a little warped, sometimes I hide it. But it's there. really. So much of life is so ridiculous that it's got to be funny. And if you don't see that, you might very well be in trouble. And not even know it.

The thing about funny things, to me, is that they often lose something in the translation. They're just not so funny when I tell them. It's not my gift. At least not in writing. Sometimes I can retell a good incident that's funny in the telling. But only in person.

But trust me. Much in my life is funny. Much around me is funny. And I'm chuckling to myself.

Have a happy day. If you observe something funny, feel free to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Let's Give' Em Something to Talk About.....

How 'bout life?....

analytics

Observational Humor Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Look how many people have wandered in