We had the most AMAZING lasagna tonight. My friend Karen (THANK YOU!!!!) dropped it off over the weekend and I pulled it out of the freezer tonight. Some random comments from the assembled dining crowd (which included younger daughter's friend):
- Oh. my. gosh. this is the best!!!!
- Can I please have some more? (5 times)
- no offense, Mom, but this is better than yours.
- I *LOVE lasagna
- oooh, this is soooooo good.
Which brings me to what else I'm thankful for.
My darling husband (DH) made the entire turkey dinner yesterday. Cooked, basted, and cleaned up. Yup. He cleaned up.
My children have been very helpful with trash, laundry, dishwasher, and litterboxes. And making my bed.
Beautiful flowers.
My friend (and neighbor) Paula bought a gallon of milk for me on her way home. And put it in the fridge because she knew it was heavier than I should lift.
Thank you. :-)

3 comments:
I love lasagna too. I'm glad you have such a great support system. It's important for all of us, but especially Moms, I think. Your hubby's a keeper! ;-)
He cooked AND CLEANED UP?!?!?!
WOW!
*blinks eyes*
I think I'm in shock...what a man!
Don't be fooled. He usually doesn't do either. Ever.
And when he does venture into the kitchen once every few years or so (other than to raid the kid's snack bucket or walk around looking for where I've hidden the junk food and cookies) he doesn't ever do both. He might make pancakes, but then thinks it isn't his job to clean up.
This is *really "above and beyond" behavior. And there's nothing in it for him either. For a while. You know, with the healing and all.
Post a Comment
What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)