is no big deal. A rainy day now and then is good for the soul.
I used my rainy day to clean out 5 garbage bags, 7 big boxes and assorted other junk out of one corner of my garage. It was the growing mountain of stuff that has migrated from the kids' rooms, our closets, kitchen detritus, you know the stuff - stuff that doesn't have a home anymore, stuff that has outlived it's usefulness.
This was a mix of:
1) crap
2) stuff for the snooty consignment shop (better than garage sale quality)
3) stuff for the garage sale that dd desperately wants to have (yeah, right - I don't have time for them anymore)
4) crap
5) stuff for church rummage sale
6) stuff that isn't good enough for consignment or church, but I can't throw away, so maybe it's good for the Salvation Army
Anyway, the snooty consignment shop took about 20 of my recent hardcover books (nothing earlier than 2006), but didn't want the Halloween costumes or kids' dress shoes. Oh well.
I took a van load of crap to church and another van load of crap to the Salvation Army box. I'm quite pleased with myself, as long as I don't look at the rest of the garage, the basement or the mountain of laundry still in my bedroom.
Anyway, about the rain - it subsided enough for Number One Son to go the hs football game, although it rained out the local town celebration. DD's soccer got delayed until next week, so no biggie.
And all, in all, I'm thankful it's just rain. My rain is no big deal. In fact, it's pretty insignificant compared to the sever weather in other parts of the country. I'm worried about blogging and posting friends, college roommates, and distant relatives who live in hurricane country.
I'm checking the weather channel, thankful when they post internet updates, and hoping that they all ride Ike out with minimal damage and no injuries.
So, batten down the hatches, help your neighbors, hug your kids and pets and update when you can. Stay warm and dry.
Take care.
Let us know you're okay.
Oh, there I am.
1 week ago

3 comments:
Isn't it amazing how much crap we can amass in a short period of time?
When you're finished with your crap, wanna come divvy up my crap? It's taking over here!
it feels so good to get rid of crap... i did that in the bathroom the other day... love it!
Post a Comment
What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)