Random stuff, in no particular order about no particular subject(s) whatever.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

...oh, and don't be fooled. I often ramble here several times a day. Really, I know I should be doing something else - but don't TELL.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Autumn

I love Fall.

Absolutely, head-over-heels, L-O-V-E Fall.

So, a day like today:

Partly Cloudy 67°F/46°F Today Sunny. High 67F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.

Mostly Sunny 75°F/59°F Thursday Mostly Sunny


....should make me deliriously happy.

Perfect, right?

There's only one problem.

I'm having my seasonal weather-change-wardrobe crisis.

Ack. My closet and my body are not ready to give up the summer capris, sundresses, tees and shorts.

I haven't done an inventory of my sweaters, cords and boots.

I'M. NOT. READY!

Nothing fits, nothing "goes together" anymore, nothing's fun!

I'm in danger of leaving the house looking like a frumpy-middle-aged-mom. (Which I am, mind you. But that's. not. the. point.)

I *want to look like a hip-mom-on-the-go.

You know what I mean, if you watch Stacy and Clinton like they're the new messiahs.


Oh, great. And now I'll be late for work. :-(

How do you handle these wardrobe transitions, these in-between-times?

11 comments:

Elle said...

I KNOW! I was just thinking about that very thing not long ago...it's the worst time of year for wardrobe! Ya know, screw it, I'm getting as much time out of my capri's and strappy sandals as I can. I'm going with "color and fabric appropriate" instead. It's still too hot around here to change it up! (Your Smoking Fish hat might draw the eye upward, though.)

Anonymous said...

I won't give up my crocs flip flops until I absolutely have to, like when the snow is on the ground.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

It's still summery enough here. We typically have warmish weather through October. Then, the jeans and light jackets come out. Oh, and the socks and real shoes as opposed to sandals. Shit.

Mandy said...

"I'm having my seasonal weather-change-wardrobe crisis."



best quote.ever.

kristin said...

Oh, Mandy,
please introduce yourself.

I think I love you. ;-)

Thanks for stopping by.

And ETW and Laura? of *course you don't have this problem you're *Southerners, duh. :-)

momof3 - up here, that could be next week. :-P

Mandy said...

hey, sorry for not saying a proper "hello, I'm new to your blog" !!

anyway, I linked you thru 3carnations (I saw you as her follower ... oh how I love that, except it seems everyone is trying to be like twitter in some way..not that there is anything wrong with that .. I mean I like twitter and all .. well, at least till now b/c now I feel like I have to tell 3 different sites "what I am doing right now" with some witty sarcastic comment)

kristin said...

Mandy - it wasn't a hand slap at all, hope you don't think that.

I kwym about updates - twitter, facebook, really, it gets a little crazy doesn't it?

And blogging in general. It's not enough that I blog, and read blogs, but then I read the comments, and follow the links to their blogs,and so one and so and so on.....

anyway, welcome!

Mandy said...

nope..I dint take it in a negative way AT ALL .. in fact, I felt the exact opposite, it made me smile and made me feel welcome :)


and I am right there with you ... ADD on this thing!!!

Anonymous said...

I think this means you're meant to do some fall wardrobe shopping in Chicago. : )

Ruby said...

Oooh, yes, shopping is definitely in order! I am feeling the same way here about the wardrobe. No... more... sandals... Wha? Say it ain't so!

Amy said...

I have closet issues, too. Along with having to change clothes halfway through the day because jeans are too hot when it finally gets to 75 degrees.

Post a Comment

What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Let's Give' Em Something to Talk About.....

How 'bout life?....

analytics

Observational Humor Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Look how many people have wandered in