Random stuff, in no particular order about no particular subject(s) whatever.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

...oh, and don't be fooled. I often ramble here several times a day. Really, I know I should be doing something else - but don't TELL.

Saturday, July 26, 2008

I'm Alright

Psst. That's the title of a Kenny Loggins song.

It was actually a great concert. It was at the Chautauqua Institution which is an amazing place. The theater is a covered pavilion, and very intimate.

We were in the second row. DEAD CENTER.

And his show was good. Much better than when I saw him a few years ago. Then he was promoting new songs and didn't want to sing any of the old hits and he was cold. This time he was warm and connected and sang some of my favorite oldies, including "I'm Alright" and of course, "Footloose". :-)

I have to say, though, that it was a little disconcerting to watch his old-man-turkey-neck jiggle while being fixated on the fact that his forehead has absolutely no lines. At. All. Can you spell B-O-T-O-X? He's still kind of cute, but waay too prettyboy, kwim?

We went with friends. Funny friends. We had a great time. Too much food, too much drink and accompanying hilarity.

Until this morning that is. After our friends left, we had more electrical trouble. So any things have gone wrong on the trip, it's not even funny anymore. We were supposed to stop for gas in Olcott, then continue to another port for the night. Well, we ended up tying up at the visitor dock and here we sit.

Generator problems, module problems, no navigation lights, electrical systems that trip with every switch you touch. It's ugly.

There have been some bright moments, but this was not the child-free romantic get-away that DH and I envisioned.

1 comment:

Lorrie Veasey said...

TEAM MESSINA!!!

Why does ever great duo have to break up? (sob.)

Post a Comment

What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Let's Give' Em Something to Talk About.....

How 'bout life?....

analytics

Observational Humor Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Look how many people have wandered in