I know that sounds bad. Really bad.
More as a reflection on me as a parent than on him as a surly teen, but hey, it is what it is and I'm not perfect. We'll get through this, I know we will, and don't EVER forget that I love him fiercely and always will.
I just don't like his behavior towards me and his father and I want to see him do well in his academic and personal pursuits.
So, anyway, his birthday was yesterday. He celebrated with a few school friends by going to LaserQuest and sleeping on the boat with DH. They had a good time, but DH almost blew a gasket. I'm not sure how , but the curtain by the sliding glass door got partially pulled down. :-( And his behavior was less than polite when I arrived with donuts and milk this morning. Two of the boys are polite and well-mannered. One, I've known since kindergarten, but DH thinks he's of questionable moral character. It's hard to tell. Sometimes their behavior in a group and around another parent is designed to push buttons and test limits.
But anyway, enough about that.
There's a ton of stuff I haven't blogged about recently.
- XRIJF The Xerox Rochester Jazz festival. I was lucky enough to volunteer at church to sell water. Our church is the venue for the Nordic Jazz Now series - awesome!
- And DH and I were invited to see Michael McDonald at the Eastman on Thursday - great show, with dinner at Max's before hand.
- DD is done with 5th grade!
- DS went to the 8th grade Luau, but missed the Seabreeze trip due an incident. :-(
- After a Spanish test in Monday, he's done with 8th grade. I hope he takes 9th grade more seriously next year.
- I love, love, LOVE my new mustard yellow peep toe platform wedges! I wore them on Thursday with white Ann Taylor trousers and a flowery, flowy blouse. I wore them on Sunday to church with an awesome geometric print pencil skirt (navy, black, gold print) and a crisp white shirt. And I'll wear them next Saturday with a great Lord and Taylor dress to a wedding.
- DD has planned (herself) her b-day party for next Sunday. Did the invitations herself. My in-laws are coming that same day. The day after the wedding we're going to. I expect mayhem and chaos and hiding household clutter in a big box in my car.
- Emma (DD)'s mouse, Buddyscotch, was found dead in his cage this morning. We are very sad here. :-( His companion, Mr. Whiskers, has not been cleared yet, although he is currently not a person of interest.

Emma, my turning-11-on-Tuesday daughter, spent the afternoon simultaneously web surfing, google chatting and talking on the phone. The computer use is a rare treat for her, and her posture with the keyboard and phone reminded me of the phone scene in the old movie "Bye, Bye Birdie". (see bottom left corner above)
Oy, twittering is easier.
Ciao!

4 comments:
Lately, I have been giving my 14 year old the evil eye that I use in the classroom where I stare him down until he stops it. I stare very mean and say a rant in my head. It works for now.
OMG. You blogged!
I can't believe I live here and have never gone to the jazz festival **hanging head in shame**
Glad you love your yellow pumps! I wish I could wear heels without killing myself - life would be so much more fashionable.
Two birthdays so close together. Happy Birthday to both of them!
so surprised to see you on the reader... good luck with that teen :P
Post a Comment
What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)