Random stuff, in no particular order about no particular subject(s) whatever.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

...oh, and don't be fooled. I often ramble here several times a day. Really, I know I should be doing something else - but don't TELL.

Monday, February 24, 2014

and the beat goes on

So, last weekend was an "off" weekend - no chemo and the start of our February school vacation week. Due to my next scheduled chemo, I couldn't take off the whole week, but I was still determined to go on an adventure with my 15 year old daughter. We had a condo for the week near Atlantic City, so we loaded our car and took off on a road trip. 
We checked in on Saturday night, and on Sunday morning it was chilly, bright and sunny so we took off for the beach. We took lots of beach photos and walked on the boardwalk - much more enjoyable (to me) in the off-season. 
(Photos later)
Then we met my cousins and uncle for  lunch and exploring the outlet mall. Then back to the condo for dinner, birthday celebrations and lots of laughs.  Did I mention we all got to feel the baby kick in my cousin's womb - she's over 40 so woohoo!

Had a sleepover with one of my cousins and her teen boys - then off to the beach and boardwalk again for more photos and wonderfully tacky souvenirs. 
Then to Haddenfield, NJ for paint your own pottery.

Monday night we left the teens at the condo, while we went to The Golden Nugget for cocktails and slot machines. We were no doubt, part of the younger demographic, but the parking was free and the bartender made some pretty fancy-schmancy tasty cocktails.

Tuesday morning was bright and sunny in AC, but an hour away, another cousin got 5 inches of snow and a 2 hour school delay!

...more later


No comments:

Post a Comment

What Are *You Thinking About?
Go ahead, you can tell me.
It's just between us. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Let's Give' Em Something to Talk About.....

How 'bout life?....

analytics

Observational Humor Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Look how many people have wandered in